Audiomuxer - new software on surroundbyus.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKA

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Just wanted to update folks here who may be interested as to the new Audiomuxer application on surroundbyus.

AudioMuxer is a new software application released on SurroundByUs.com for the surround music enthusiast. This tool will facilitate the creation of music DVDs, AVCHD, Blu-ray or MKVs, with a specific focus on multi-channel audio formats. The software together with more detailed specifications and a user guide can be found in the following link on SurroundByUs.com: http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135.

Please stop by and check it out. I'm sure that many people here will put it to good use.

Cool! I just "stickied" this thread. For those that download and use it, please post back here your findings!

THANKS

From the description it sounds very useful, it may take some time before I can report back about it.

It's now able to convert .dts and .ac3 to dtswav and ac3wav files -- i.e., put dts and ac3 data in a WAV wrapper. This makes it possible to then convert to .flac, and thus to add tags. So now I can mix and match surround files and stereo files on the same foobar2000 playlist, with proper tagging and album art display for all, and stream it digitally from hard drive to AVR. Awesome.

Trying to check this out. AudioMuxer wants this .Net Version 4 Client Profile thingy installed. OK, grabbed that... The installer for that apparently needs more than the 33GB I have free on my system drive ("There is not enough disk space on your drive for new files to be uncompressed..." it says) for files to b. Seriously?! What kind of space do we need here?
Can anyone save me the learning curve here please?

MacBook Pro dual 2.8, 6GB ram, OS drive is SSD, running OSX 10.6.4 and Wine v1.1.33

Trying to check this out. AudioMuxer wants this .Net Version 4 Client Profile thingy installed. OK, grabbed that... The installer for that apparently needs more than the 33GB I have free on my system drive ("There is not enough disk space on your drive for new files to be uncompressed..." it says) for files to b. Seriously?! What kind of space do we need here?
Can anyone save me the learning curve here please?

MacBook Pro dual 2.8, 6GB ram, OS drive is SSD, running OSX 10.6.4 and Wine v1.1.33

Something is obviously wrong, as it doesn't need anywhere need 33 gigs to run.

You can also save yourself the learning curve by asking your question nicely on the site you found the program on, and not on here.

AudioMuxer installs several (small) programs and optionally you can install ImgBurn if you want the program to create an ISO for you (if making DVD or AVCHD).
No way does it take up a large amount of disk space. I'd say more in the range of 31 Mb.

Trying to mess with this AudioMuxer app again...

What I want:
DTS 24/96 --> 5.1 24/96 wav file (as lossless as possible)

What I don't want:
5.1 24/48 wav files with only the dts core extracted

Is there an app available that will do this?
I don't like the format (or any lossy format) but I want access to media that is only released in this lossy format. I try to be stubborn and refuse to purchase things like this but sometimes you just can't help it.

So... is there actually an app that works?

This one is a mess. (See earlier issues I posted.) I got past the installation issues and... "The app had a serious issue and has to close. Sorry." Alright. Dig out an old copy of Parallels and Windows XP (shudder). Installed and seems to work. Some .net microsoft app nonsense later and AudioMuxer is installed. And it actually launches! Alright. Now I find this decoder extension for the eac3to app called ArcSoft Decoder Pack. Oh no, looks like I need to install eac3to in the Windows VM now... Alright, it seems to have all worked (installed anyway).

And... eac3to doesn't seem to be able to see or use the ArcSoft decoder. It appears to default to the dts 48k core only extraction. I get the error message when (it looks like) eac3to tries to use Arcsoft: msvcp71.dll and MagCore.dll was not found

I found a couple apparent hints (adding to your environment path, etc) but only vague instructions that really seem like someone just guessing.
The problem is this is now a Windows installation and I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to fix or work with any Windows issues that would just be matter of course in OSX.

So...
Can this be made to work correctly?
Will is decode (to the fullest extent) DTS 24/96 (not just the 48k core)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

PS. I listen with an Apogee Rosetta 800 192 served from the computer. I'm aware that there are dedicated hardware surround receivers with the decoders integrated for this format but I have absolutely no intention of buying some receiver with so-so DACs to listen to a couple lossy surround discs. Just to avoid those suggestions if they come up.

PPS. I can play the dts file with XBMC but I'm almost certain it's only extracting the 48k core and upsampling it to 96k (just like every other app I run across).

You've installed the ArcSoft DTS decoder right?

After that in Audiomuxer run a DTS Test in Application -> Settings... (see below) - you you done that? It won't pick up Arcsoft if you don't...

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the reply LizardKing. Yes, I did all that but it doesn't successfully find ArcSoft. That's the issue. I get the missing dll errors I mentioned. The greyed-out Arcsoft box is unchecked.

Thanks for the reply LizardKing. Yes, I did all that but it doesn't successfully find ArcSoft. That's the issue. I get the missing dll errors I mentioned. The greyed-out Arcsoft box is unchecked.
I guess your decoder dll's are not properly installed/registered. PM me for details if you still have this issue.

"This one is a mess."

Try telling ply4itloud yourself that via PM, for which he will respond to, instead on going on other sites and badmouthing his program.

One of the nicest, most helpful guys around. If you're not getting the help you're looking for, perhaps it's because you're not posting in the right place. Post on SBU. You'll get all the help you need, and I hope you then come back on here and say "no, it's not a mess."

I guess your decoder dll's are not properly installed/registered. PM me for details if you still have this issue.

I imagine something like this is going on. I'm a fairly advanced Mac OSX user but I have absolutely zero Windows knowledge. (I'm assuming at this point that this is NOT going to run in OSX.)
Any help would be great. Thanks either way.:)

"This one is a mess."

Try telling ply4itloud yourself that via PM, for which he will respond to, instead on going on other sites and badmouthing his program.

One of the nicest, most helpful guys around. If you're not getting the help you're looking for, perhaps it's because you're not posting in the right place. Post on SBU. You'll get all the help you need, and I hope you then come back on here and say "no, it's not a mess."

Well that makes obvious good sense so I just did that as well. I stumbled across this app here initially so...

Badmouthing on other sites? No... No, if it doesn't work I'll just give up and try the next thing.
Installation was messy is all. All kinds of Wine tweaks - then that didn't work and Windows became involved (messy by default).
No, what's messy is DTS!:D

DVD Audio Extractor (not freeware) does it.

I downloaded the latest version they had (7.1.1). It doesn't do it. It only appears to see the 48k core. It lists the content as 48k (doesn't list the bit depth).

AudioMuxer actually lists the content as 24/96 which is promising. At least if it's possible to get thru whatever windows shenanigans are going on.

It works for me... I've just done it with the DTS 96/24 on Gentle Giant to fix the channel stuff up.

Back