Audiomuxer - new software on surroundbyus.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Cyberlink AudioDirector 4 to change volume levels of Hires files (including FLAC) and to trim off talking from live concerts when creating audio-only FLACs from concert videos. You can change individual channels.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/features_en_US.html

There's a free trial. The good thing is it works with multichannel files, I don't need to create files for each channel. It also has a DTS encoder but limited to 24/48.

I've used Cyberlink AudioDirector 4 to change volume levels of Hires files (including FLAC) and to trim off talking from live concerts when creating audio-only FLACs from concert videos. You can change individual channels.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/features_en_US.html

There's a free trial. The good thing is it works with multichannel files, I don't need to create files for each channel. It also has a DTS encoder but limited to 24/48.

I already have HD Audio Solo ultra to create DVD Audios. I just want to remix/ remaster multi channel files.

I'm trying to extract DTS audio from a .mkv file. Every mkv file i try to open in Audiomuxer fails during the parsing process. it used to work just fine. I have the latest version but even tried older versions and still have the same problem. Am I forgetting something??

I'm trying to extract DTS audio from a .mkv file. Every mkv file i try to open in Audiomuxer fails during the parsing process. it used to work just fine. I have the latest version but even tried older versions and still have the same problem. Am I forgetting something??

Need to make sure you ArcSoft DTSHD Decoder is installed and working in Application/Settings

Need to make sure you ArcSoft DTSHD Decoder is installed and working in Application/Settings
That is not necessary, as you say that's only for DTS-HD. Without it you should still be able to decode or extract DTS core (uses eac3to).
Those who try to decode DTS-HD (probably DTS96/24 also) could try the intermediate version AudioMuxer 0.9.5.6 Update 1. When that mentioned new DTS decoder matures it might solve a lot of DTS non 48kHz decoding issues.

With the latest release of Audiomuxer, 0.9.6.0 there is no need for the Arcsoft decoder anymore. It now uses open-source dcadec DTS(HD) Decoder included (eac3to v3.31) :)

A question for more experienced users of Audiomuxer. I am trying to extract the 5.1 from SW Grace For Drowning. This is in DTS-MA. These are 12 chapters. See screen used in method 2.

Audiomuxer GfD.PNG

The stereo chapters are extracted fine, all 12.

For some reason only 10 chapters are extracted for the 5.1. I have tried 2 different ways.

1. Use MakeMKV to create an MKV with FLAC embedded. Extract the PCM audio and convert to FLAC with Audiomuxer.

2. Use MakeMKV to create an MKV with original audio, DTS-MA in this case. Extract the DTS-MA audio and convert to FLAC with Audiomuxer.

Both methods give me only 10 chapters output, while the Output.wav.chapters shows the 12 chapters.

CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter 01
CHAPTER02=00:02:04.582
CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter 02
CHAPTER03=00:09:45.501
CHAPTER03NAME=Chapter 03
CHAPTER04=00:17:36.930
CHAPTER04NAME=Chapter 04
CHAPTER05=00:23:21.024
CHAPTER05NAME=Chapter 05
CHAPTER06=00:27:49.000
CHAPTER06NAME=Chapter 06
CHAPTER07=00:30:13.478
CHAPTER07NAME=Chapter 07
CHAPTER08=00:39:40.002
CHAPTER08NAME=Chapter 08
CHAPTER09=00:42:38.722
CHAPTER09NAME=Chapter 09
CHAPTER10=00:47:27.135
CHAPTER10NAME=Chapter 10
CHAPTER11=00:51:43.308
CHAPTER11NAME=Chapter 11
CHAPTER12=01:15:03.457
CHAPTER12NAME=Chapter 12

There does not seem to be a chapter or time limit in place, otherwise the stereo extract would also give me only 10 chapters.

Am I missing some setting here? Any help is appreciated.

Hoi Jan thanks for the reply. When I load the disc and chose Extract from Blu ray, selecting any of the .mpls gives a "the format of the source could not be deteced" error.

Ripping the blu ray as is, is what I did with method 2 as described above I guess. I will give it another try tomorrow evening.

Dear All,

I'm using Audiomuxer for the first time--trying to merge 4 mono wav files (ripped from a Quad Reel) into a multi-channel wav/flac. Not sure what to do with the following error message: "The WAV headers of the input files are not identical. No output file created."

Any suggestions?

Back