New Chicago quad reissue from Rhino Handmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. I'll probably buy it, but words can't express how much I would rather have had yes CTTE. or just about anything else. But, I know it's classic and will hopefully attract a good audience. I wish it to be a huge success so that more better will come!!!

Well. I'll probably buy it, but words can't express how much I would rather have had yes CTTE. or just about anything else. But, I know it's classic and will hopefully attract a good audience. I wish it to be a huge success so that more better will come!!!

Well stated. I doubt any release would have pleased us all. I too was hoping for CTTE, but whatever generates the most sales is probably the best at this point. I thought Yes would sale more to the target audience, but perhaps I am wrong...

Thank you, Rhino! I will be buying the Aretha Franklin quadio DVD. I don't have more than maybe one or two songs of hers, so this will be worth it. Looking forward to hearing this!

THE BEST OF ARETHA FRANKLIN (QUADRAPHONIC MIX)

Totally Awesome !!!! Excellent choice.
I will definitely be buying that one.
I've tried several times to get a quiet CD-4 pressing of this one, now I can stop searching.

vinylguy4

Is it going to be available on Rhino.co.uk ?

Those shipping costs really were high for teh CTA album ?

From a cost perspective the packaging used was to say the least way over the top. Which explained why Rhino charge 5 times more that they should for each shipmnet. (PS I work in logistics and over packing is a major cost adder in my job)

How many were sold, I wonder.

500 left isn't much if they pressed say, 10000 copies (which I doubt...probably lower).
But if they pressed 2500, then that remaining amount is still quite high.

the "glass half-empty" approach. :)

my hunch is that they pressed enough to meet what they thought demand would be, and that having 500 left over after a few months is something to be happy about. i'm not thinking sales of a retro quadraphonic version of the first Chicago album were going to massively exceed anyone's expectations.

good for them, and good for the quad die-hards. while i am certainly not the target audience for this, you all deserve something thrown your way every now and then. :)

as for Aretha.....I do wonder if the response here would be less mixed if it were, say, "I Never Loved a Man..." or "Lady Soul" rather than a "Greatest Hits" title. just something that crossed my mind as I read the posts here. i'm not a fan of "Greatest Hits" titles in general.

also.....there's about four different threads dealing with these titles. it's kind of exhausting reading about the same topic over and over. perhaps closing some of these threads, or condensing, would be something a mod would consider?

Back