New Chicago quad reissue from Rhino Handmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the bitching over at "other" forums already that this is a surround only release and will cost $30. One one hand, they get all gooey when MFSL releases a stereo-only SACD that lists out at $30, but if Rhino does a surround disc of a DOUBLE ALBUM at $30, it's "overpriced" and "a rip off because there's no stereo track".
Geez, rain on our parade, why don't they?

I'll be blunt for a change; SCREW them, they are pricks and this proves it.

Since none of us have received any emails to follow up registering with Rhino, I suspect that is why we can't post. The email probably had an activation link to complete the circuit.

Bob R - Did you get an email?

FLASHBACK: Twilight Zone - The Monsters On Elm Street: "Why are the lights only on in Bob's house?"

Since none of us have received any emails to follow up registering with Rhino, I suspect that is why we can't post. The email probably had an activation link to complete the circuit.

Bob R - Did you get an email?

FLASHBACK: Twilight Zone - The Monsters On Elm Street: "Why are the lights only on in Bob's house?"
I have not received any emails yet. I will let you know....

Just a heads up. I tried to use the free shipping coupon last night with no luck. Sent them an email and never received a response. Today, I checked the SH forum and someone suggested the MONKEES promo code. When I logged in they had me set up for the free shipping option. I entered MONKEES in the promo box and got 20% off, but had to pay the $3.99 shipping. Bottom line, I saved $2.00. I'm IN!

Just a heads up. I tried to use the free shipping coupon last night with no luck. Sent them an email and never received a response. Today, I checked the SH forum and someone suggested the MONKEES promo code. When I logged in they had me set up for the free shipping option. I entered MONKEES in the promo box and got 20% off, but had to pay the $3.99 shipping. Bottom line, I saved $2.00. I'm IN!

Thanks Steve for the info, worked great. For some reason I too did not get the "Free Shipping" code either, but the "MONKEES" promo code worked real good. Hopefully reasonable shipping will be worked out for for those trying to buy from overseas.
My order total:
Items $29.98
20% off for Monkees fans($6.00)
Shipping Charges $3.99
Sales Tax $2.77
Order Total $30.74

When this thread started last week and the discussion was about possible Chicago quad releases I thought some of you were delusional. Well, I'm glad you were right.

Like others mentioned, when Because Sound Matters started up with the promise of lps and dvd-a discs I thought that would be an ideal opportunity for some of the old Warner Brothers quad recordings to get released. But when that didn't happen I figured they would never see the light of day, so this is great news.

While I also would like to see dvd-a or blu-ray I'm no longer quite so particular. I passed on too many titles in the past because I didn't like the format or I was holding out for better titles from an artist's catalog but those days are gone. Now I'm paying big bucks for some of those same titles.

I look forward to this disc and hope Rhino makes enough profit on this to make it an ongoing concern.

I used that code as well. I ordered 2 copies, so I got the 20% off + free shipping. I'm really looking forward to this one!

I used that code as well. I ordered 2 copies, so I got the 20% off + free shipping. I'm really looking forward to this one!

If I had it to do over again, that's the approach I'd take, but I only ordered one for little old me.

Rhino have responded to the 'Rush' only International Shipping option with the following:

Thank you for contacting Rhino. We would like to inform you that, we have only one option that is Rush Shipping method to our International customers.

Best Regards,
Shoba J. at Rhino.com Support

What are the options? Buy two? Buy something else (haven't seen anything else I want)?
Might hold off till closer to release to see if they come up with something.

does the free shipping apply also for International?

This is really great news, and hopefully all the old quad releases will eventually be issued this way.

I'm not sure why anyone would bitch about not getting a stereo mix along with the quad, since all of the Chicago albums have been out on CD for a long time, and the few I've bought sound pretty good. Who needs yet another remastering like that? Those old quad mixes are a lot of fun, and many not heard by most fans, I'd guess. Well, now they'll have their chance.

ED :)

So, so exciting. I did not think that we would have much to discuss this year. Well we have King Crimson, PT DVD-A and now this. I had my wife pinch me and I am not dreaming!
Now there is no pinching the old wallet on this stuff. I agree with all of you, it is time to put all of our support into these releases in hope that the powers that be respond with much, much more.:smokin

"Does the free shipping apply also for International?"

I couldn't resist.

I ordered two CTA. As it was over $50 it came back with Free Shipping. Then when I entered the Australian shipping address it added back the $27.39 Freight Charge for shipping but left a $4.56 discount. It then entered the Monkees Promo Code which then created a discount for $11.99. In the end $75.36 for two or $37.50 each (who was complaining about $29.95?).

I'll be annoyed if 10 other titles on that wonderful list appear in the next two weeks but for the moment each player can have its own copy. I hope they sort something better out down the track.

Thanks for all the info and hopefully this is helpful to all the other multichannel fans that don't live in a Superpower ...

I don't know, Bob. I keep getting stuck in a "Login or Register" loop when I try and respond to either post. However, I see that I could create/start a new thread. Very odd. They need to get their software squared away.

It is STILL whacked up; I'm staying logged in okay now, and it looks like I can Reply, but the only option is PREVIEW which empties out your text. So I'll paste mine into a text file and try later.

My hope is that this site is not resource starved like BSM was; that was a PITA.

Just ordered the CTA tonight. Preordered The Incident DVDA and two other PT discs last night.
Very anxious to hear these. The Incident in stereo is very good. The 5.1 DVDA should be awsome!
CTA was always one of my favorites. Have the MFSL stereo, stereo & quad lp's and I belive the Q8.

I haven't been able to listen to my lp's, quad reels or Q8's since I moved 7-8 yrs ago. It will probably be another year before I can get a dedicated home theater room built for all the equipment. Something great to look forward to!

Back