Queen (debut album) quad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadrofis

Somewhere (I think it was in one of those CD-sized "complete guide" books) I read that Queen's first album was also issued as a quadraphonic release. Also that it was very rare. Do you know anything about it?

To my knowledge a catalogue number was issued but never released. The stereo version does seperate quite well through Sansui Vari-matrix and maybe PLII.

Rick

It was listed in the Quad Incorperated catalogue with the number 8Q-5064 but I've never seen it. Of course there were dozens of others that were also listed. A real shame.

Betcha it was because nobody could decide on a satisfying mix. I've heard that even the stereo version had multiple takes and re-takes of many songs until they got them just right.

It was listed in the Quad Incorperated catalogue with the number 8Q-5064 but I've never seen it. Of course there were dozens of others that were also listed. A real shame.

I wasn't familiar with Quad Incorporated; do you have the catalog? I'm curious as to what other non-issued titles were mentioned...

It's listed in the online Quad Discography incorrectly as "Quenn" it is however in the "Announced bu unreleased" section.
I've created an updated Excel spreadsheet using the online discography, my own collection and other tapes I've physically seen added into the database. Mostly pop or rock titles. I haven't gotten around to adding in any of the classical stuff.

The Quad Discography pretty much has them all. I should go to the home page more often. I completely forgot these were listed here. This place is like a maze.
The Quad Incorporated catalogue came out in 1979 which is when I acquired it. It is the mother of quad listings and has just about everything ever released including when the title was discontinued.
In 1981 they released a supplement to the first edition with even more titles. The people responsible for these are listed at the bottom of the Quad Discography plus a couple of other familiar names. It only cost 4 bucks. I've seen a copy of it on e-bay last year go for considerably more.

Back