DVD/DTS Poll Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority [DTS 96/24 DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Chicago - CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY

• Total voters
No, no; I wasn't meaning to advocate that practice. Just my innate snarkiness coming through :)

Sure the quad reel is pretty good; the Rhino is considerably better.

The other point would be supporting these releases so that they continue to be issued.

I just have a feeling that the original 15ips 4 track master to dts DVD will sound better than a 30 year old 7 1/2 inches dub from a 7 1/2 ips copy of the master....but in the abscence of rhino 's release we would be all after the reel copy....or a dvda of it....that said I have both so maybe I should just do an a/b myself.

Hello folks,
seems Europe is some sort of Quad desert. Rhino doesn´t ship this item to Europe, and no avail at ebay.com either. Is there a chance another quad maniac would purchase this item for me and I reemburse all costs?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Hello folks,
seems Europe is some sort of Quad desert. Rhino doesn´t ship this item to Europe, and no avail at ebay.com either. Is there a chance another quad maniac would purchase this item for me and I reemburse all costs?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Rhino US says:
"Out of Stock - Sadly we have sold out this product and don't anticipate restocking"

Per the previous post, still available in Canada. Have checked on shipping from there?
http://rhinorecords.ca/shop/products/Merchandise+Catalog/PID-RHM2-520771.aspx

Odd how they have a separate website for Canada. They're not very well informed about the format since they refer to it as "DVD Audio" on the Canada site.

The canadian website exports.
takes less than 5 minutes to register..
and the USA website exports as well.
from both rhino websites I have the chicago cta shipped to me in australia.

great album with a fair amount of filler IMO, but what a great debut..lots to love on this album and what I love is you can mix out the horns if they start to grate:) always a fave, along with 2 3 and 5.

Finally getting around to rate everything on here..

It's a "10".

I love everything this release represented. It's just so sad it wasn't followed up with more!

It's packaged beautifully, it feels like real love and care went into making this happen.. the mix is insanely classic quad and the music is a fantastic product of its time.

9. I'd go 10 if it were lossless. The artwork on the package says DVD-Audio. When I ordered it, I thought that it was DVD-V, which it is. When it arrived, I was elated, only to find that it ISN'T DVD-A!! Rhino doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground. You already knew that. Musically, it's pretty hard to beat, same for the mix.

Breaking news on Oct 7, 2013.....over three years go this title was released. She also says that this is the first ever discrete quad release of CTA. I assume it was released as a Q8 back in the day and not just SQ.

and out of print-she needs to catch up with current events.

2 Q8 set:
3781304987_91a5c05076_o.jpg

Breaking news on Oct 7, 2013.....over three years go this title was released. She also says that this is the first ever discrete quad release of CTA. I assume it was released as a Q8 back in the day and not just SQ.

Back