Using Plogue Bidule and SPEC 4.0/4.21

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response DKA,

I'm more interested in SPEC and Plogue for their ability to upmix, especially 'on the fly' so I don't have to convert my entire library in order to enjoy it in surround. Certain Albums I will probably convert tho because in the end they will sound beter with an individual treatment instead of the generic settings I come up with for 'on the fly'. I was wondering if anyone still tried this method for on the fly sq or qs decoding as the dtsac3 forum did experiment with Plogue a while back. It would be very convenient to have a way to decode vinyl this way for casual playback. For conversions I'll wait for the final process to be published via Richard. Their process for using plogue to convert QS is still published on their site. I'll read up on that and see If I can't come up with something that will work ok with SQ. It seems SPEC might be helpful as its an interesting tool compared to the plugins that they used in the past for this.

Thanks for the response DKA,

I'm more interested in SPEC and Plogue for their ability to upmix, especially 'on the fly' so I don't have to convert my entire library in order to enjoy it in surround. Certain Albums I will probably convert tho because in the end they will sound beter with an individual treatment instead of the generic settings I come up with for 'on the fly'. I was wondering if anyone still tried this method for on the fly sq or qs decoding as the dtsac3 forum did experiment with Plogue a while back. It would be very convenient to have a way to decode vinyl this way for casual playback. For conversions I'll wait for the final process to be published via Richard. Their process for using plogue to convert QS is still published on their site. I'll read up on that and see If I can't come up with something that will work ok with SQ. It seems SPEC might be helpful as its an interesting tool compared to the plugins that they used in the past for this.

There's an SQ equivalent to the QS method available on that site. Don't know if it's up there. I haven't been involved with those methods in over three years. My thoughts in 2012 are that I've never attempted to hear what those methods sound like compared to the transfers many of our friends on here have come up with. Out of necessity, we worked with some VSTs back then that were extremely damaging to the music itself in order to achieve separation. It was the best we could do back then.

You can certainly use the "on the fly" approach described on SBU for any Plogue layout. It's not specifically wired for SPEC.

Back