HiRez Poll JIENAT - MIRA [Blu-Ray Audio/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA disc of Jienat - MIRA

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters
I'm bumping this thread, because I am sure a lot of you missed it. Check this one out if you dare! :)

Yeah, the genre classification is a strange animal. The Finnish/Sámi artist Wimme and RinneRadio had their own solution by naming one release File Under: Finnish Ambient Techno Chant

Interesting to see that there are others here knowing about Joik music - while Rinneradio without Wimme is more ambient jazz or however you may call it. Wimme without Rinneradio on the other hand can be very challanging.

I can imagine that Joik can be a nice experience in 5.1. now the disc is now on my wish list. Thanks again to QQ for the inspiration.

Markus

I'm half Norwegian from my dad's side of the family, therefore have an interest in things Scandinavian :)

I first heard a form of Joik music on a Northside sampler CD that prompted me to buy an early Wimme album, which might be categorized as a sort of experimental Electro-Joik. This music reminds somewhat of Wimme, but more playful (and quite a lot more hummable, too).

The audio is excellent and the surround really puts you in the middle of the soundscape. Very nice! A solid '9' from me.

For anyone who has yet to discover this SACD/Blu-ray combo, this YouTube video is a good sampler. From the jungle tribes of Norway come an album that even features a track for dogs (starts at 2:38).

Back