Music DVD Poll Blue Man Group - How to be a MegaStar LIVE!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "How to be a Megastar, LIVE!"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor

• 1 - Forget it if you already have "The Complex"

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & observations on the latest release from BMG

Blue_Man_Group_(HowToBeAMegastarLive).jpgBlue_Man_Group_(HowToBeAMegastarLive)_Back.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this one in, and yes, it's mainly a typical 'Live' concert type mix with a couple of exceptions.

The Pink Floyd song 'One of These Days' has some nice discrete surround features in the Rears as highlighted below. However most of the songs have overly pushed drumming (aka- clipping) in the fronts and just some live ambient reflections of the fronts in the rears.

The second example is from the song 'The Complex' and exhibits just the ambient reflections in the rears.

So confusing a little bit, why they didn't go the extra mile, and mix the whole thing like 'One of These Days'.

It does have some good left to right separation and discrete center channel info like vocals and guitar solos etc. It could be vastly improved I'm thinking (for my own pleasure) by using just the Fronts and running them through Penteo 4.0 Up-mix, then using those rears to mix back into what's already there or replacing altogether :unsure:

Anyway, keeping in mind this is live, I'll be generous and give it a 7.

My copy is the Blu-ray version BTW.
https://www.discogs.com/release/14934414-Blue-Man-Group-How-To-Be-A-Megastar-Live
BMG ONE OF THESE DAYS MIX.jpg

BMG LIVE- THE COMPLEX MIX.jpg

Back