HiRez Poll Munyaneza, Dorothee - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA [DVD-AUDIO]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Dorothee Munyaneza - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD-Audio release on Luminary Records. (y):phones(n)

Attachments

• Dorothee front 600t.jpg
    Dorothee front 600t.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Dorothee back 600.jpg
    Dorothee back 600.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 505
Where is this available? Luminary still says "under construction" at its store, and Amazon only has Hotel Rwanda.
Or is this poll "in anticipation"?
Thx.

QQ member Martin Russell is the "owner" of Luminary Records, and told me he was very close to finishing the web site so that disc orders can be taken. Martin said that he (and correct me if I'm wrong here Martin) said that he shopped this album to the big labels, and no one wanted to deal with the 5.1 aspect of it, so he decided to start his own label!!

Now there's a man who should score huge points at the QQ Picnic! :D

QQ member Martin Russell is the "owner" of Luminary Records, and told me he was very close to finishing the web site so that disc orders can be taken. Martin said that he (and correct me if I'm wrong here Martin) said that he shopped this album to the big labels, and no one wanted to deal with the 5.1 aspect of it, so he decided to start his own label!!

Cool, I hope he announces it here first!
As for the picnic, some here will find a reason to deduct points anyway.
(Kidding!!!)

¡Olé sus huevos!
Great to see someone with initiative and balls in the industry. I wish him the best of luck and hope they grow as a label and release all kinds of Surround stuff....

Many thanks to Jon for setting up this poll, and for all the encouraging things which he and several other people have written. I'll have to ask for someone to bring me up to speed about the QQ picnic - obviously I haven't been reading the relevant threads during my years as a lurker....

I'm happy to report that the Dorothee Munyaneza album is now available direct from the Luminary site. For the sake of simplicity we have decided that the sale price will include worldwide delivery, and (unless we encounter territories which are prohibitively expensive to post to) I would affirm - for the enquiring minds - that a direct sale would indeed be slightly more beneficial to us than an Amazon one.

I'm already thinking about future projects for the label, and would aim to continue releasing these in the same DVD-A / CD package, as well as making a taster version available in the form of a free ISO download, as we did with this album. I decided fairly early on that the Luminary stuff should take a swiss-army-knife approach format-wise and be as widely compatible with the way the outside world consumes its music as possible. For me this meant including mp3 files with discrete starts and endings in the dvd-rom folder, the full variety of dvd-v formats, as well as the best resolution 24-bit 96kHz surround for anyone equipped for it. I thank Neil Wilkes again for his assistance in bringing this to fruition.

Whilst I like being commended for the "iniative and balls" required to see this through, the decision to go it alone arose more from being convinced that the surround aspect of this album was the real success story of the project, which otherwise would maybe fail to distinguish itself from the many other world-music-fusion CD releases on offer out there. My production background in this genre has exposed me to a huge variety of instrumentation and many hues of musical colour. I'm still inspired by this - there is plenty more to be said musically which would, for me, be best said in surround.

I think it's time to let the music do the talking!

At least until the picnic ....

Martin

Last edited:
I have been lucky in hearing more of this album than many and the surround mix is superb, and the music is great crossover which Mrs Fletch likes as do i (Some common ground at last ;-)).

For the record i have placed my order now direct with Luminary seems like too good a value to turn down.

I am sad to report that it's not. :( I get the same page as before:

"Luminary Records shop is currently being set up. Come back soon to obtain our first release for 2010."

I didn't order but it looks to me like it would work through PayPal if I had proceeded.

Luminary Records
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Shopping Cart
Item Options Quantity Remove Amount
Dorothee Munyaneza CD / DVD-A
Item Number 5060107240315 £13.50
Item total: £13.50 GBP

PayPal. Safer. Simpler. Smarter.

For more information, see our Privacy Policy, User Agreement and Key Payment and Service Information.

Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Chris

I am sad to report that it's not. I get the same page as before:

"Luminary Records shop is currently being set up. Come back soon to obtain our first release for 2010."

It worked for me I have had this problem beofre where teh page does not refresh properly due to a setting in Internet explorer and picking up a cached version.

Its usually fixed by refreshing the page

I am sad to report that it's not. :( I get the same page as before:

Try again. I just ordered very smoothly. FWIW, it works out to $20US (as of this morning).

I can now confirm that this album is a great album, a africa meets west mix which both Me a rock music fan and Mrs Fletch a 'Heart FM' radio fan really like, even my 11 year old daugter likes the music so soem great cossover appeal.

The music is expertly played and Dorothee is an excellent singer.

The mix treads the line of sypatetic while enveloping the listener well, nice and descete.

Worth the investment definitly.

10 for the music
10 for the mix

Arrived today, ripped open by customs. I'll give it the first listen tomorrow.

For now, a quick question:
Did anyone else receive the "thank you" slip? If so, is that Dorothee's personal sig? If not, the note is still a nice touch. If so, the note is a special touch...

Back