HiRez Poll Munyaneza, Dorothee - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA [DVD-AUDIO]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Dorothee Munyaneza - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA

• Total voters
I finally got my copy last week and and it's as good as I hoped it would be.

Lovely music , excellent mix and content and great customer support !

Why cant they all be like this ?

~M~

Disc 1 is a DVD, recorded in DVD-Audio and DD 5.1 Surround (for those who lack the higher-res DVD-A playback). The tone and overall resonance of the instrumentation is flawless. The individual delicacy of the acoustics is presented with a pristine clarity. The textured mixes of layered vocals and lush keyboards are precise without impinging on the subtlety of the understated collage of string, reed and percussion. The titles on the DVD are displayed on a 16:9 screen but without video images. Disc 2 is recorded as a standard CD, and conveys the musicality of the album with less technological augmentation. Dorothee Munyaneza defines the essence of World Music and its global imperative.

Much more here:

http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=8175

Last edited:
I downloaded the sampler ISO file from luminary-records.com which you can burn to DVD yourself to get a 2-track DVD-A.

This is a GREAT way of letting people sample the music, the mastering and the mix before deciding to buy the full album. Needless to say, I have now ordered the full album. Smooth transaction via Paypal.

I noticed this album has gone down in price on amazon.uk, so if you don't have this album maybe the lower price will help:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dorothee-Mu...MWMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317062198&sr=8-1

Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to buy this disc.

Wow..that's only £8.94 after VAT removal, £12.02 shipping in. Great price.

But I think I'll buy direct from Luminary for £13.50 shipping in.
A couple of bucks more but all the money goes to the label. :)

Spectacular album and mix. This was a complete surprise musically, as I had no real expectations going into the listening experience. Very enjoyable and accessible, with great music and performers. The 5.1 mix is also well suited to the music: discrete mix that does not overpower the performance, but serves to enhance the experience.

It's too bad that albums like this are 1) hard to find and 2) not promoted. If all the surround releases were this good and were properly promoted by larger labels, they might find some traction amongst the masses.

I snagged a copy from amazon.co.uk (seems to be the last one they had, as it is unavailable now) and would recommend that anyone who enjoys something a "little different" look this release up (if you can find a copy).

Spectacular album and mix. This was a complete surprise musically, as I had no real expectations going into the listening experience. Very enjoyable and accessible, with great music and performers. The 5.1 mix is also well suited to the music: discrete mix that does not overpower the performance, but serves to enhance the experience.

It's too bad that albums like this are 1) hard to find and 2) not promoted. If all the surround releases were this good and were properly promoted by larger labels, they might find some traction amongst the masses.

I snagged a copy from amazon.co.uk (seems to be the last one they had, as it is unavailable now) and would recommend that anyone who enjoys something a "little different" look this release up (if you can find a copy).

Wow. It's out of print? I wonder why they just don't make more? Is Martin still checking in here?

Happy New Year to one and all...

I've only just spotted that amazon went out of stock - unfortunately they seem to have stopped actually emailing their new orders and are now relying on telepathy! I still have plenty more :) and very much appreciate all the nice things people have said about this album.

Best as always, M

Recently received my copy from Luminary (finally got around to ordering it!) and I quite like the music. The Super Jewel Box didn't make intact but that's OK, I have spares.

Not ready to vote because I haven't listened to the multi channel yet. The 2.0 DVD-A is 24/48, not 24/96 as noted on the back (I'm assuming the 5.1 is) but it sounds fine to me.

The Luminary records site seems to be down (for a few days at least)... & this is not in stock on Amazon UK.... :(

Nothing to worry about - I recently had my studio website re-skinned by a friend and it somehow some "malware" got in there. The Luminary and Dorothee Munyaneza sites are hosted within the same site, and these also got suspended while it all gets uploaded again. Normal service will resume shortly!

Amazon now only seem to order single copies of the Dorothee album once they have run out, and I have to check this for myself as only one in ten of their order notifications actually reaches me by email. Currently it is indeed showing as out of stock, but as yet no purchase order has been placed... hopefully that will change soon.

Thanks for noticing - I hope to have at least one new surround project ready for release on Luminary at some point in 2013. Since finishing Dorothee's album I have been mainly focused on live activities with Afro Celt Sound System, which has sadly left very little opportunity for anything else.

5.1 music is still majorly inspirational to me, so there will certainly be more. It just had to take a back seat for a while...

Just a quick post to let you know that the Luminary site is finally up and running once again. In response to amazon recently lowering their price for the Dorothee album I've also decided to lower the website price - the going rate for the foreseeable future will now be just £10 GBP including worldwide P&P... if this is of interest you can get it here : http://bit.ly/13Ryfgv

Best wishes as always

Martin

Last edited:
Back