LOVE STORY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK JAPANESE CD-4 Does anyone have this? Cover Unlike USA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghalteman

A few years back, I got a dub on Reel of a CD-4 LP from Japan of the Original Soundtrack to LOVE STORY. It was only released in the US on Q8, but the cover of the Japanese Quadradisc must be different. There were loads of fakes in Japan by other artists. I'm looking for the original. Does anyone know what the cover looks like? Also, I'd love to get a better dub.

I don't remember to have seen anytime a CD4 of the Paramount Original Soundtrack of Love Story, the Q8 was a blue GRT tape. Since Paramount quads were on JVC, it shuld be under the CD4W series, but i'm 90% sure there's no "Love Story" in there. Got to find out a list...
BTW, also the others Paramount CD4 are pretty scarce.

I stand corrected, CD4W 7041 Love Story original soundtrack.
Should have the same cover as the regular release, as for "The Godfather".

Thanks Winopener. You have the same # for the CD-4 LP that I have, CD4W-7041. I saw a copy come up for sale on Ebay only once and the cover was different than the American version as is "Jim Croce - I Got A Name" in CD-4. I was just trying to verifiy what I saw pictorially and hoping someone has actually played a copy.

I believe I have one of the Japanese 'fakes'; see the picture of the front and back of the cover. The serial number is CD4B-5005E.

Attachments

• Love_Story_JVC_CD4B-5005E.jpg
    Love_Story_JVC_CD4B-5005E.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 165
The Quad mix actually bleeds all over the place and offers little as far as discreteness is concerned. I wouldn't call it double Stereo, but a little less front/back bleeding would have made this a more engaging listen. I grew up with the Stereo LP so I know it pretty well. The fidelity is decent enough for a Q8, with slighly muffled highs and a bit of hiss, but nothing too distracting. At 30 minutes, it's also a pretty short listen. You barely get enough time to imagine Ally McGraw in 1970. I've always love how that French lady sounded when singing her oooooos in the track titled Snow Frolic. Francis Lai wrote some beautiful melodies. His score to A Man and A Woman and Live For Life are classics ans so is the score for the 70's erotic cult film Bilitis.

R-10855537-1505418737-5403.jpeg.jpg

The Quad mix actually bleeds all over the place and offers little as far as discreteness is concerned. I wouldn't call it double Stereo, but a little less front/back bleeding would have made this a more engaging listen. I grew up with the Stereo LP so I know it pretty well. The fidelity is decent enough for a Q8, with slighly muffled highs and a bit of hiss, but nothing too distracting. At 30 minutes, it's also a pretty short listen. You barely get enough time to imagine Ally McGraw in 1970. I've always love how that French lady sounded when singing her oooooos in the track titled Snow Frolic. Francis Lai wrote some beautiful melodies. His score to A Man and A Woman and Live For Life are classics ans so is the score for the 70's erotic cult film Bilitis.

R-10855537-1505418737-5403.jpeg.jpg

Buy the movie instead. Only $8.99 with a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack.....and get out the kleenex while you're at it. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Love-Story-Blu-ray/182609/#Review

By the way Love Lai's soundtracks for both A Man and a Woman and Live For Life. Have had them on vinyl for years.

Perhaps Dutton Vocalion will release them as Stereo SACDs along with Love Story in QUAD....without the bleed!

Back