The Godfather OST Jap CD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Apparently, there actually was an import CD-4 release of this original soundtrack, with music by Nino Rota. Not a knockoff like Music from . . . by the Ray Conniff Singers or some such, but the real deal. I've never seen it, and still think it's too good to be true, but . . . really hope I'm wrong, because this recording holds a special place in my past. It's the first soundtrack I ever owned, and probably spurred my interest in orchestral film music.

Does anyone have a conversion of this?
Know anyone with one?
How about someone who has the disc, and can make a transfer?
Or knows someone who can?

All right. How about a scan of the album, so I know it's real?

This is of Paramount importance to me (pun intended . . . sorry), so I'm willing to offer "assistance" in the form of a favor or whatever.

If you can help, please PM me and I'll be very grateful.

Another CD-4 Original Soundtrack released in Japan was the Jaws Soundtrack on MCA. Owned that one back in the '70s - an excellent Quad mix there !

That one I've actually heard, and you're right -- it's great. I'd love to have it.
Just watched that movie on HD two nights ago in 5.1.
For the 30th Anniversary they spent all that money rerecording every sound effect, but couldn't be bothered to remix the music to extend to the rears.
Lame.

That one I've actually heard, and you're right -- it's great. I'd love to have it.
Just watched that movie on HD two nights ago in 5.1.
For the 30th Anniversary they spent all that money rerecording every sound effect, but couldn't be bothered to remix the music to extend to the rears.
Lame.

I totally agree. The CD-4 Quad mix and sound quality was so good, I was always baffled why the later versions of the movie didn't use this mix for their surrounds.
Strange indeed.

Just to reflog a dead horse, this item now up on eBay is NOT the original soundtrack:

IMG_1304.JPG

Though the cover shows the iconic still of Brando from the film, Nini Rosso is NOT Nino Rota, the score's composer. The (intentionally?) similar-sounding name belongs to "The King of Trumpet."

If you say so.

Here's the real one:
IMG_1305.jpg

Back