John from Rhino.com here - THANK YOU, QUADRAPHONIC QUAD FORUM!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eltororojo

Hi all, John Hughes from Rhino.com here.

I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself for a few reasons:

1. To thank each and every one of you for the tremendous support you've shown for Chicago Transit Authority Quad. It's been overwhelming and appreciated.
  2. To let you know that we are most definitely listening to you, our customers. We read each email, listen to every voicemail, read the boards and what you say and how you react definitely tells us which way to go. Thanks for being so vocal with your support and suggestions and keep them coming.
  3. And last, but certainly not least, to give you guys here an exclusive scoop for being so supportive. We will be announcing the next Quadio release and taking pre-orders starting Tuesday afternoon, July 6th (that's PST time). How's that for a nice way to head into the 4th of July weekend?

Again, thank you so much for helping make this release a success - here's to many more! Make sure you check out Rhino.com Tuesday afternoon (give us until after noon PST to get everything lined up!) for the latest and greatest Quadio release!

Mr. Urban, thanks for letting me use your forum to thank everyone and if you wish to confirm my ID, etc, just shoot me an email at the address in my member profile.

Let the fun and speculation begin!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hi John!

Thanks for chiming in here and welcome. I myself am thrilled with the Quadio program and will continue to support each and every release in any way possible, you can be sure of that. I'm sure our members would expect that of me.

Sure would be nice if you could get some of the quad titles that never came out in the '70s out into the Quadio program. THAT would be special. Anyway, thanks again for your program and for checking in here at QQ!

No John -- we thank you.

Loved your first release, and that web page where you can play each channel individually is dynamite.
You can count on at least one purchase from me for each new release if they're as good.

If Rhino had been in charge of marketing quad, it would have done much better.

Hi John!

Thanks for chiming in here and welcome. I myself am thrilled with the Quadio program and will continue to support each and every release in any way possible, you can be sure of that. I'm sure our members would expect that of me.

Sure would be nice if you could get some of the quad titles that never came out in the '70s out into the Quadio program. THAT would be special. Anyway, thanks again for your program and for checking in here at QQ!

Jon, for those of us who weren't part of the quad era, can you list some of those titles to give us an idea? Thanks!

Here's a start:

Stevie Wonder -- Talking Book
Stevie Wonder -- Innervisions
Stevie Wonder -- Fulfillingness' First Finale
Supertramp -- Crime of the Century
Ringo Starr -- Ringo

There are other more obscure or lesser sellers, but a quad mix for each of these big hits is confirmed to exist.

Then there's the big selling titles never available in a *quality* discrete format (e.g., quad reel):

Paul Simon -- Paul Simon
Paul Simon -- There Goes Rhymin' Simon
Paul Simon -- Still Crazy After All These Years

That goes for almost every big CBS title, from Garfunkel to Janis Joplin (and the many great Chicago titles).
Any of the above titles would be well received.

Welcome to the forum John. Without any hints, it will be very difficult to guess the upcoming quad release. I know I wouldn't have guessed CTA for the last one but that was a great choice despite not being an obvious one to me. My wild guess of the artist for the upcoming release is, I don't have a clue after searching online for a list of possible artists but I did find many I would think would be great choices for me personally.

My dream release would be the entire Led Zeppelin studio album collection in surround on a single Blu-ray disc. If not all of the Led Zeppelin studio albums are suitable for surround, then whatever is. Pass that on from a fan owning dozens of Warner/Rhino surround releases and hundreds of Rhino CD's.

eggplant, I don't think any of the titles you list are currently Warner possibilities without licensing from another company but a list of possibilities would sure make our guess easier.

Hi all, John Hughes from Rhino.com here.

Let the fun and speculation begin!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh no, we're already gone all crazee months ago on possible speculation... should we go again thru this insane route? :)
Of course yes!
YES!
YES!
YES!

Gotcha? :)

Will be intresting to know for all of us if the predicted sales figures has been met just in time, or early, or very early. It could be a sign of the real interest in this kind of niche market, and if after the "water testing" with CTA and a second release if there could be a kind of "official list" of following releases. There has been ton of speculations about which vaults could be mined for actual quad releases, and so far the ones questioned are Warner and Capitol (Steve Hoffmann found out lately by mistake the quad master reel for Grand Funk American Band).

Here's a start:

Stevie Wonder -- Talking Book
Stevie Wonder -- Innervisions
Stevie Wonder -- Fulfillingness' First Finale
Supertramp -- Crime of the Century
Ringo Starr -- Ringo

There are other more obscure or lesser sellers, but a quad mix for each of these big hits is confirmed to exist.

Then there's the big selling titles never available in a *quality* discrete format (e.g., quad reel):

Paul Simon -- Paul Simon
Paul Simon -- There Goes Rhymin' Simon
Paul Simon -- Still Crazy After All These Years

That goes for almost every big CBS title, from Garfunkel to Janis Joplin (and the many great Chicago titles).
Any of the above titles would be well received.

Thats a great choice of titles...
I was playing the self titled Paul Simon Japanese SQ the other night and realised that even in stereo mode the SQ LP is sonically better than even the DCC stereo one...

Welcome to QQ John! Thank you for sharing the news with us. It does not matter what title is Rhino's choice, you can count on me and my brothers support. Take care.

Hi John, nice to see you here, and thank you for the good work! :)

I am just really, really hoping for a straight, non-limited, non-NR:d, minimal-EQ:d conversion of Close to the Edge. Then I can die in peace.

John, Thank you for doing what you do.
The well has been a little dry and this news is what we need here to keep our interest peaked!

Keep them coming and you know that we will be first in line.:smokin

Back