Official QQ "What's your Go-To Surround Demo Quality SACD"?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E. Power Biggs Plays Bach Toccatas. It was recorded in a cathedral that has four separate organs! That combine with 32' foot pipes makes for quite a sumptuous musical feast!

51vR9ZO9M%2BL._SX300_.jpg

When I was a kid, they made me go to church and it was a huge one with a mother huge organ (never mind) and upon hitting those low notes the whole building would shake. I love that! I sit here and am amazed by the air that must move. And this was all done in the 20's, when the chuch was built.

This is on the top of my lust list- but price is astronomical and has been ever since I've been aware of the title (that's years).

E. Power Biggs Plays Bach Toccatas. It was recorded in a cathedral that has four separate organs! That combine with 32' foot pipes makes for quite a sumptuous musical feast!

51vR9ZO9M%2BL._SX300_.jpg

In terms of sacd exclusively...

Alison Krauss & Union Station - New Favorite
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live
Billy Joel - The Stranger
Beck - Sea Change (although I prefer the dvd-a)
Depeche Mode - Exciter
The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight
E. Power Biggs - Bach: The Four Great Toccatas and Fugues

I still favor showing off dvd-audio content. Not only does it sound better to my ears, but there's the added content that is cool. People ask where they can buy this stuff. We all know where that conversation leads.

Oscar Madison: I keep getting these little notes: "Will be home late, FU" "Out of corn flakes, FU" It took me three weeks to figure out that FU meant Felix Unger!

I loved that show--and that line was pretty daring in its day!

Back to the topic: Another disc I use is Mirror Cannon, a piano recital by Tor Espen Aspaas on which he plays works by Beethoven, Schoenberg, Berg, and Webern. Stunningly real piano sound.

large

I've got all of your recommendations in those pics, Linda (bar the Kodo, the Telarc 1812 and Kraftwerk) and I agree with you on all of them! Terrific surround mixes! (y)

Back