Sansui QRX-6001-CD-4 problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I cleared the first hurdle... I got the CD-4 working.. I bought a Pioneer CD-4 adjustment record off eBay tonight and need to run the calibrations...

My turntable is a Technics SL 1800 MKII, The guy I bought it from was an "engineer" and upgraded the RCA plugs... Guess what he did.. Swapped the red and white... So the whole time I have been having issues, I've had the cables swapped.. I reversed them for shits and giggles and low and behold.... CD-4 works.. Like I said still needs to be calibrated... But I'm a lot more confident it works as it should..
I have the exact same TT that you have and back in the day when I used it for CD-4 it worked great right out of the box.

Well I cleared the first hurdle... I got the CD-4 working.. I bought a Pioneer CD-4 adjustment record off eBay tonight and need to run the calibrations...

My turntable is a Technics SL 1800 MKII, The guy I bought it from was an "engineer" and upgraded the RCA plugs... Guess what he did.. Swapped the red and white... So the whole time I have been having issues, I've had the cables swapped.. I reversed them for shits and giggles and low and behold.... CD-4 works.. Like I said still needs to be calibrated... But I'm a lot more confident it works as it should..

Not the L & R, but the polarity was reversed on both channels? That sucks.

not sure about the polarity.. but it looks like the original owner swapped the red and white RCA plugs when he replaced them.. I believe them to be left and right..

I swapped them in the phono ports, played a CD4 record and the CD4 light comes on... from what I read here, which I never knew before, that's the indicator light for the carrier signal... that it is being recognized... please correct me if I am wrong - I do not understand the electronics part completely..

Back