DVD/DTS Poll Franklin, Aretha - The Best of [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Aretha Franklin - The Best of

• Total voters
Sob.
I cannot buy these Rhino discs.
Tried, but they will not process orders from the UK - keep getting "Zip Code Error".
Presumably it's North America only!
Shame.

Sob.
Tried, but they will not process orders from the UK - keep getting "Zip Code Error".
Shame.

If nobody else offers, I'd be happy to purchase and ship to you. The least any of us can do for what you've done for us...

Neil, the Rhino site is a real PITA however I live in Australia and have received the CTA disc and have just ordered the Aretha disc with the $6.00 US "QUEEN" promo. Strangely I had to use their "Guest Checkout" to get it to work. I must admit I do not remember getting tripped up by the Zip Code part though. Good luck.

There must be a error somewhere, i did with Chicago and also with Aretha. Probably the zip code error may be related to the letter/number used in UK, while the form accepts only numbers?

Another question: Aretha Quad has the menus in 4:3-format, while the CTA Quad has it in 16:9.

How come? Why on earth do they give us menus in 4:3 in the year of 2010??? I think (and hope) that the days when 4:3 was referred as "full frame" are long gone by now...

Sob.
Shame.
Not sure what the issue you are having with ordering I received a copy yesterday which I ordered a week after the advert went up on the Rhino site. The postage is still excessive.

Not bad what i have heard love those old school quad mixes !!!

There must be a error somewhere, i did with Chicago and also with Aretha. Probably the zip code error may be related to the letter/number used in UK, while the form accepts only numbers?

I also had a problem when ordering, not with the zip code but with the "state". We don't have states in Sweden where I live, but I could not get through without filling it in. I also got the information that only visa cards issued in the US where able to use??!!. How many with american issued visa cards live outside the US? But that was when I logged in, since I'm a registered customer. When I Instead used the "guest check-out" it worked out fine. Give it a try.
Mats

Listened to this properly now a couple of times and a a good volume. What a great album, the mix is 'old School' in the fact that generally the instruments are spread pretty evenly in each corner. Not a bad thing .
The music is great my only complaint is the albums too short, definitly an album which leaves you asking for more.

Chose the DTS stream for listening havn't bothered with the DD.

This would be a sold 10 but for the lack of HI Rez track, so wil get the customary point deduction for that, otherwise great disc lets have more. DTS is pretty good but its a point of principle.

I just received my copy a couple few days ago. I've had a chance to listen to it a couple of times now. I'm very happy with it. Love Aretha and there are some great songs on this recording, although I will agree that the "greatest hits" title is questionable. I gave it a 9 mainly because the mix is somewhat conservative when it comes to surround, but it sounds great. I'm just really happy that a company like Rhino is keeping quad alive for all of us die hard quad fans. Can't wait to see what's next on the release list. It would be interesting to know what the sales figures have been like for these first two. Obviously good enough to carry on and that's all that matters.

I'm glad to get this really good Aretha disc. This is one that will get played.
The WAF is excellent. The wife wanted me to play it again the first time I played it, a rare occurrence.
Two thumbs up for Rhino.

vinylguy4

WAF = wife acceptance factor (or SAF = Spouce Acceptance Factor). Usually most important when adding big things such as speakers and HDTVs. Used in a sentence, "I better make sure the 5 foot high speakers I'm about to purchase have a high WAF before I'm sleeping outside tonight."

I can see how a WAF would be important on a disc if it is played loud enough!

I voted a "10" for this beauty, I like everything about it BUT the package. Package rant done :>)

Just got this and the CTA disc... with free shipping!:)

The music and surround is great, but I have a couple of (minor) gripes...

1. As stated above this one defaults to DD rather than DTS - at least they could be consistent across the Quadio discs - the CTA disc defaults to DTS.

2. I don't like the packaging, and the text is "waay" to small.

But hey at least we've got more great surround music.

Thanks for all the support, Guys.
I did try emailing Rhino but so far - 2 weeks later - have not had a reply from them.
Have now set up someone to get them for me.......hopefully this will all come through.
Madness though - refusing to ship outside North America.
methinks Rhino should sort this one out ASAP.

Thanks for all the support, Guys.
I did try emailing Rhino but so far - 2 weeks later - have not had a reply from them.
Have now set up someone to get them for me.......hopefully this will all come through.
Madness though - refusing to ship outside North America.
methinks Rhino should sort this one out ASAP.

I got mine shipped outside North America :) so they should be able to do it . Luckily the website accepted my New Zealand postcode:mad:@:

I was able to get it shipped to Australia as well. I would add that it would not work when I set up an account and tried to order using my originally entered shipping address - I had to order as a guest and enter my shipping address during the ordering process.

Back