What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten Years After - A Space In Time DVD-A in Cardsleeve (Quad Mix To 4.1, Dts 96/24 And Dolby Digital)

csfed446e2pu95vjk.jpg

:)

Alvin Lee...rest in peace...I'd love to change the world...great song..

Nektar "Remember The Future" SACD new & sealed. It even has the yellow Nektar Approved Remasters sticker on it. Now I have both this and "Journey To the Center Of the Eye"

Helmut Lotti - Pop Classics In Symphony (MCH/SACD)

View attachment 16231

I just listened to this again. Great sound quality. Some of the best dynamics I have heard on any recording. MC discs like this show compression during mastering is not needed to make an album powerful. 'I'm sailing' is exquisitely dynamic and extremely powerful.

This is how SACDs and Blu Ray Audios SHOULD be mastered: quiet, plenty of room to crank right up without any harshness whatsoever.

A classical DVD-A is quite a rarity, isn't it? SACD seems to be the format for classical music.

You could say so, yes :) Various labels had a go with Classical on DVD-A in the early days and even during the DVD-A Vs SACD format wars (Naxos, EMI, Tacet, Universal/Philips/DG) all had a go with Classical DVD-A.. even Telarc produced one Classical (and one Jazz) DVD-A before going all-SACD.

Edit: Oh and of course there's Silverline (they reissued a number of Classical Quad mixes on DVD-A and DualDisc).. plus a number of DTS CDs of Classical, some Quad, some new surround mixes.. but these still don't amount to a great deal and for Classical listeners SACD is where it's at for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back