What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Just didn't want to "poison the poll" if it was a problem on my end.
You indicated that the absence of a sub woofer may have attributed to your rating of Quadrophenia but you didn't hide the fact that you don't have a sub. Plus you gave some good examples of other discs that sound great and have good bass. So while "poisoning the poll" can happen I don't see how it applies in this case.

Velvet & Brass - Mel Tormé & Rob McConnell & the Boss Brass (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

image.jpg

(my 600th sacd! :banana: )

Thanks. Just didn't want to "poison the poll" if it was a problem on my end.

I agree with wavelength...you provided real reasons for your opinion and to be candid there are some polls that have been "tainted" on here in an egregious fashion by some who don't like the SACD format...and some are people who should know better...so trust me when I say that your observations are candid and specific...and I've also heard that same complaint from others...so you are not alone in your opinion

121 (600 x 337).jpg

Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right - SACD
The Police - Every Breath You Take - SACD
Carpenters - The Singles 1969-1981 - SACD
Roxy Music - Avalon - SACD

All mint condition!! :banana:

FYI - I'm willing to sell the Roxy Music (as its a duplicate for me) if anyone is keen please send me a PM....

Grover Washington Winelight DVDA
got lucky on ebay and a low price..... $21.50 shipped.

Jeff Beck Blow by Blow. The new Japanese hybrid sacd.

Picked up a couple of nice ones today
Porcupine Tree in absentia
Peter Frampton live dvd audio
Shania Twain Up DVD audio
Beck Sea Change dvd audio

Salif Keita's Moffou!

Got it for about US$30 shipped from the UK through Amazon. Wow I have been looking and scouring the ends of the internet for this one.

Haven't had the chance to take off the wraps and listen!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Salif Keita's Moffou!

Got it for about US$30 shipped from the UK through Amazon. Wow I have been looking and scouring the ends of the internet for this one.

Haven't had the chance to take off the wraps and listen!

View attachment 16316View attachment 16317

Its a toughie to find for sure but well worth it imho. Great price and sealed too! Good job! (y)

I was under the impression that if you rip the disc to an ISO and play the ISO that it's glitch-free, is that not the case?

It's a shame there are any problems with this disc, because the unaffected tracks are great.

I was under the impression that if you rip the disc to an ISO and play the ISO that it's glitch-free, is that not the case?

It's a shame there are any problems with this disc, because the unaffected tracks are great.

IIRC - The PS3 rip exhibits the same behaviour as the official disc.

A re-authored version using DSD extracted from the ISO and re-authored using Philips SuperAuthor plays better...

Just picked up Crowded House: Crowded House, which I was anxious to get because I really like the hit, "Don't Dream It's Over." So far, I have not listened to the disc all the way through, primarily because the bass coming from the sub-woofer is so obnoxiously overpowering that it really interferes with trying to enjoy the actual music. I mean, I've got other discs that are bass heavy, but this one is ridiculous. I even tried going back to my receiver settings and really lowering the level of the sub-woofer just so I could stand playing the disc, but even after lowering the level a LOT, it is still very overpowering and distracting. I tried to track down any discussions here on the forum to see if others have had issues with this recording, by my search efforts on here typically end in frustration. Doubt this one will ever get much play, which is unfortunate because I think I would enjoy the album.

It's a strange one. I was able to create a fully playable set of Stereo & Multichannel DSD tracks at home with a PS3. Sad that you need to do that to enjoy all of the music. Those SACD authoring errors, in this case by Philips, caused some serious headaches on what is an excellent Jazz SACD release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back