What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a replacement for the Pet Sounds SACD. Be sure to get a replacement if yours has the indexing error that was present on the first issue of the title. Just send an email to mofi.com

Just like computer hardware and software, the manufacturers let the consumers do their quality control and beta testing these days.

Received a replacement for the Pet Sounds SACD. Be sure to get a replacement if yours has the indexing error that was present on the first issue of the title. Just send an email to mofi.com

Yep. Did you hear about the Rush problems too?

There have been some problems with those AF gold CDs also, but I don't buy those, so no big deal.

REM - Document (DVD-Audio) Thanks to LizardKing from New Zealand for the trade!
Hiromi - Time Control (MC SACD)
Hiromi - Beyond Standard (MC SACD)

Electric Light Orchestra - Electric Light Orchestra (40th Anniversary Edition incl. Quad Mix 4.1 DTS 96/24 on Video-DVD)

I purchased 2 King Crimson DVD-As (Lizard & Red) a couple of weeks ago. The sound and mix were very good. As a result I just purchase another DVD-A (Discipline).
Also a very good 5.1 mix.

A great DVD-A. The BEST rock documentary EVER! Check out the Blu-Ray or DVD-V. Think I'll play the DVD-A today in my car. Great suggestion.

I'm totally new to The Band, but your post made it move to the top of my 'need to listen soon pile'. Now I'm realy curious - I only heard good things, have to listen today...

Markus

This is the Band's BEST PERFORMANCE. They shine, augmented by a killer horn section. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Add Dylan, Muddy Waters, Joni Mitchell, Clapton, Neil Young, Dr. John, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Staple Singers, Emmylou Harris, Paul Butterfield, Ronnie Hawkins, Ringo, Ron Wood and more, and you have something spectacular.

Life is a Carnival.

I'm totally new to The Band, but your post made it move to the top of my 'need to listen soon pile'. Now I'm realy curious - I only heard good things, have to listen today...

Markus

This is the Band's BEST PERFORMANCE. They shine, augmented by a killer horn section. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Add Dylan, Muddy Waters, Joni Mitchell, Clapton, Neil Young, Dr. John, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Staple Singers, Emmylou Harris, Paul Butterfield, Ronnie Hawkins, Ringo, Ron Wood and more, and you have something spectacular.

Life is a Carnival.

What a GEM in my hands I did not really know about. Some All-Star concert like Black and White Night which I really love. Now I'm definitive curious.

Markus

A great DVD-A. The BEST rock documentary EVER! Check out the Blu-Ray or DVD-V. Think I'll play the DVD-A today in my car. Great suggestion.

Does anyone know if the blu-ray the same audio as the DVD-A?

Does anyone know if the blu-ray the same audio as the DVD-A?

The Blu Ray is of the movie of course and contains dialogue and documentary interviews between some of the songs - some songs (just a few) are truncated (Muddy Water's "Mannish Boy" comes to mind). The Blu Ray, despite what is says on the cover is LPCM 5.1 and not DTS HD MA. The DVD-A is music only and as far as I can tell, the same mix - not a particularly aggressive mix - but this being arguably the greatest Rock movie ever it's good enough. I prefer the movie just because it is such an incredible document of a musical period that we'll not likely see again.

How disheartening that nearly all SACD's that are released today are 2ch, especially those that were previously released in 5.1 or Quad! Since the record companies charge royalities for every version, the licensees would need to pay more to add the surround version. I surmise they include a CD layer to increase their potential audience, for compatibility reasons. I bought the SACD's of Caravanserai, Santana/McLaughlin, Doobies, etc. It pains me to think of what could have been. And they clip suckers like me $30 a pop. Like so many things today, both in and outside the record business, they're done "on the cheap." It's all SO SAD!

A small stash from a friend in US reposted to me in the UK, far better price from the US :)

Crowded House - Crowded House (DVD-A)
Ladysmith Black Mambazzo - Llembe: Honoring Shaka Zulu (SACD)
Ladysmith Black Mambazzo - Long Walk to Freedom (SACD)

On a first listen of them yesterday all sound like great surround discs, be nice to find a good price on the other Ladysmith Black Mambazzo SACD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back