What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice haul - A few duplicates:
Capture.JPG

If anyone is after any of these (apart from The Captain, Britney & Shania) :eek: maybe we can come to a deal..

Star Trek Nemesis (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

View attachment 16296

This is one of many soundtracks* that claim to be mixed in 5.1 but are really multi channel stereo. Nice sound quality though. I recommend Timeline as well by Jerry, shame these did not have discrete mixes.

*Zorro
Titanic
Timeline(rejected)
English Patient
Terminator 2

All have NO discrete elements whatsoever. Real shame because the sound quality of each one of them is immense. They could of been sublime with real surround mixes.

This is one of many soundtracks* that claim to be mixed in 5.1 but are really multi channel stereo. Nice sound quality though. I recommend Timeline as well by Jerry, shame these did not have discrete mixes.

Don't forget the Film Music of Jerry Goldsmith SACD on Telarc. One of the early Multichannel SACDs - a lot of fun !

Don't forget the Film Music of Jerry Goldsmith SACD on Telarc. One of the early Multichannel SACDs - a lot of fun !

That's the same; the music in all channels is identical.

*Zorro
Titanic
Timeline(rejected)
English Patient
Terminator 2

All have NO discrete elements whatsoever. Real shame because the sound quality of each one of them is immense. They could of been sublime with real surround mixes.

I've not got round to playing my T2 SACD yet but I thought Zorro was great on the one play through i had, though I wasn't listening carefully (enough clearly!!)! So Zorro's just big/double stereo too? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back