What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OPETH - Pale Communion this one clicked with me first time through. Really liking this one a lot, so much so I just ordered the 5.1 versions of Still Life, Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries, Watershed and Heritage...ahhhh good times.
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance, my only previous contact with Katatonia is with Dead End Kings (5.1 version of course) which I quite liked. The Great Cold Distance is even better. It's nice to have some new more heavy metally guitar driven music in my mix.

Now if only some of the old fogey metally bands would just join the new 5.1 revolution...Purple, Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Cooper etc. etc. etc. (...and yes you to Zep damnitall!) I'm talking to you all, get with the program guys :howl (OK OK my program, just do it, make it so!!!) :51banana:

Don't Explain - Caroline Henderson (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 220
Got this for $4.99 at a Hastings in my wife's hometown.

51ZMY57W83L._SX355_.jpg

I have Construction Time Again by Depeche Mode coming to me from China sometime next month. Got it for $25!

Hello!

I just picked up a copy of Rolf Enström Rolf Enström "Quarks" thanks to Grillbill. I would hereby like to alert the readership of this blog to this SACD. It is a VERY active surround mix of ambient electronic sound. For anyone familiar with the old Grateful Dead side project of Phil Lesh called Seastones, this is something like that. No melody whatsoever, but very interesting (and sometimes disturbing) sonic landscape, and again excellent surround if you like swirling and discrete elements. I love this disc, and it is quite reasonable on Amazon. I have also ordered another surround title of his and can report back. If others pick this up I would love to see a poll. I went back to a Von Kessels disc I have which is also similar, but the surround mix on the VK disc now seems weak as compared to Quarks (although it IS active).

So heads up electronic sounds fans. This is a must have for those who like experimental sound!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back