What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I thought I would check the dates of my last SACD and DVD-Audio purchases. Are things really this dead? My last SACD purchase was June 2008 and my last DVD-Audio purchase was Steve Wilsons disc back in February 2009. So sad.....

How about the rest of you?

My last DVD-A purchase was last Saturday "Morph The Cat".

My last SA-CD purchase was two weeks ago (for someone else in a trade), Alison Krauss' "New Favorite".

Slim pickin's now for sure.

Hey Guy, there are still a few titles in the Whitby Best Buy, at least there were a few moths ago...

My last DVD-A purchase was last Saturday "Morph The Cat".

My last SA-CD purchase was two weeks ago (for someone else in a trade), Alison Krauss' "New Favorite".

Slim pickin's now for sure.

I bought both of those when they were released.....hence my lack of things to buy now.:(

Bought all those as well as they were being released. I may be missing a few of the Concord titles though as I think I have around 40 of them.

Concord Music Group had maybe 250 SACD titles in total. Concord, Telarc, Heads Up, Fantasy, and probably a couple of other labels were included in the Concord Group. I am not sure what has happened with the company, 3 of the titles I ordered were never shipped and customer service is apparently no longer in existence. Another company must be handling whatever sales Concord generates from the online store. The last communication indicated backorders were not being filled and apparently refunds are not being issued either. Concord is out of the SACD business at a minimum and maybe no longer selling direct online.

Chris

I guess everybody here has already ordered at least one of the first batch of King Crimson DVD-As so that's not gonna count, right? :)

My last DVD-A would then be 16 Horsepower - Secret South (+ vinyl) from Alternative Tentacles; SACD should be Black Celebration by Depeche Mode - I have hopefully found the real deal today eventually.

Oh yes and this just in if you don't mind DD 5.1 - sealed copy of Japanese version of Big Phat Band - Act Your Age CD+DVD. Shipped from Hong Kong for $6.99. Bam!

Most recent DVDA purchases which Have not arrived yet 3xKing Crimson discs.
last week I purchased a Talking Heads DVDA/CD True Stories for £5:00 sealed (yes bargains are still to be had).

SACD was the Moody Blues - Seventh Sojorn is it two years ago now ?

Despite me selling off a large portion of my DVD-A collection right now, I managed to snag a "used but very nice" copy of the oop SACD of JT last week on eBay for $10 shipped. I own Dad Loves His Work, October Road was disappointing and Flag remains tough to find, but I plan to pick up Hourglass before it goes away too. Aside from that, I'm picking up George Benson's new Monster Superdisc in a couple of weeks and remaining hopeful for the SACD of Wish You Were Here. I believe that might resuscitate some life back into the dying format if Gilmour and Guthrie would just get on it!

IIRC, the last DVD-A I bought was Olu Dara - Neighborhoods - $7 sealed & shipped

Dan

Concord Music Group had maybe 250 SACD titles in total. Concord, Telarc, Heads Up, Fantasy, and probably a couple of other labels were included in the Concord Group. I am not sure what has happened with the company, 3 of the titles I ordered were never shipped and customer service is apparently no longer in existence. Another company must be handling whatever sales Concord generates from the online store. The last communication indicated backorders were not being filled and apparently refunds are not being issued either. Concord is out of the SACD business at a minimum and maybe no longer selling direct online.

Chris

All I know is that I have all the SACD's from them that I am interested in

Muse - The Resistance Box Set with the Lossy DTS 5.1 mix.
Waiting for KC Red from yamazan dot co dot uck, and Tony Banks' "A curious Feeling" DVDA...
oh , Last SACDs :
Allan Holdsworth "All night wrong" SACD
Boston ST (the only stereo SACD I have!)

The last SACDs I bought were about 2 months ago - the 3 "Gadd Gang" SACDs from Japan (Only one was Multichannel)
The last DVD-Audio I bought was Steve Wilson's "No Man"

Since players are currently being made that play both formats, and titles are being released in both formats, neither can be pronounced "dead", IMHO.

The last SACDs I bought were about 2 months ago - the 3 "Gadd Gang" SACDs from Japan (Only one was Multichannel)
The last DVD-Audio I bought was Steve Wilson's "No Man"

Since players are currently being made that play both formats, and titles are being released in both formats, neither can be pronounced "dead", IMHO.

I guess that my purchasing of SACD's and DVD-A's has just died then.

The last DVD-As were a few extras of the Jackson Browne, Steely Dan (Everything Must Go) and Barenaked Ladies (Everything to Everyone) discs, bought cheap at Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree for future trading purposes. I wonder if the stores still have some?

Likely the last SACDs were either during the last Concord summer sale (ditto having everything I want from them, probably around 40 discs) or from when Borders was eliminating discs at many of their stores, I got a couple Moody Blues and a few others at that time.

Haven't ordered any King Crimson yet, not a huge fan but I'll pick one for starters, see how I like it and go from there. I probably made a mistake by not getting the Depeche Mode and Genesis discs when they were generally available, but I just couldn't see myself listening to either band. With a couple hundred surround discs to choose from, plus quad stuff, when am I really going to listen to the stuff I don't like all that well? (My theory, FWIW.)

Gotta get a trade list together soon, there's a big pile of extras here....

Mark Z

With a couple hundred surround discs to choose from, plus quad stuff, when am I really going to listen to the stuff I don't like all that well? (My theory, FWIW.)
Mark Z

I guess this is my feeling as well. Just too much to listen to. Add almost 80 blu-ray concerts at this point to the list and playing what I already have is next to impossible. If I were buying a KC disc to try I would stay away from "Red" and go with ITCOTCK. Just my opinion though.

DVD-A: Little Feat - Kickin at the Barn, August 2009
SACD: The Paperboys - Live at Stockfish Studios, August 2009

These were the keepers, have bought others even more recently for trade.

Edit:

Forgot I actually have another 6 SACDs I bought very recently but they are sitting at my US ship to address, waiting for me to pick up.

Carole King - Tapestry
Thelonius Monk - Monk's Music
Tierney Sutton - On the Other Side
Wynton Kelly - Kelly Blue
Art Pepper - The New York Album
Julia Fordham - Concrete Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back