What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd forgotten about the Brian Wilson DTS! Been on my shopping list for years! What's it like?

Its not bad - I'm not a big fan of Brian Wilson so I'd passed on it before, and just finally got around to getting it. The mix is good. Pls it came in a large (small hinge) DVD-A case - which I know you like...

Won Steely Dan's Two Against Nature last night on Ebay. I'm excited as I missed a similar buy it now auction a couple of weeks ago that set me off on a DVD-audio buying spree. I also just got two Flaming Lips DVD-As this week, At War with the Mystics and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.

Nice score- two of my favorites, TAN and YBtPR. Yoshimi is the most outrageous surround mix I have. TAN is the Dan album I listen to most. Everything Must Go is pretty awesome as well.

Just landed...

945115_10151713317985499_420406246_n.jpg

385298_10151713316605499_44229769_n.jpg

Currently listening to Elton and it's freakin' awesome!

YEAY..!! :D

Two of my all-time fave surround mixes!! (y)

Gaucho is incredible!! ..and You have to get the rest of the Elton SACDs, Rob! Essential! ..but then I'm biased.. :eek:

It's :banana: time! Woo!!

I fully intend to :D

Oh, and I just bought the Marvin Gaye SACD on your recommendation :)

I fully intend to :D

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Marvin either! :)

Listen out for the gorgeous (and inventive - and rather ballsy, imho!) placement of Marvin's vocals in the front in "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" while Tammi Terrell is in the rears.. wowzers! It so beautifully showcases the interplay between the two of them and for me defines the call and response arrangement of this, as a duet, as opposed to the now more recognised Diana Ross rendition - just stunning.

The only thing you'll be wishing for is more.. the disc is too short..!!

If only UMG had got around to 5.1's of "What's Going On", "I Want You", "Here, My Dear" and "In Our Lifetime?".

Sigh!

Oh and one other thing worth mentioning, this is one of those discs where you can shut off all the channels except the centre and get just Marvin's heavenly vocals (there's a set of Motown DVDs, one specifically of Marvin and a number of others including various artists compilations that are mixed the same way, which are well worth checking out too.)

Oh and check out the (gimmicky? Yes! fun? Yes! Fabulous? OH YES!) circular pan of the tambourine at the start of Grapevine..! Sacrilege? Probably! Awesome? Most definitely!

Why this one doesn't get more fuss made over its surround mix escapes me!

...also arriving today (ie as well as the awesome Stickmen release) was my copy of Tomita's Clair de Lune that I got horribly stung by ParcelForce (aka complete b*st*rds) for. I don't mind paying the duty but their "transaction charge" is criminal. Hope it's worth it.

Another reason for getting this one (Collection) is that the bass guitarist is the legendary James Jamerson.

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Jamerson:

Prominent bassists who have claimed Jamerson as a primary influence include James Brown's Bernard Odum, Bootsy Collins, Abraham Laboriel, Pino Palladino, Alan Gorrie, Rick Danko, Anthony Jackson, Jack Bruce, John Entwistle, Bernard Edwards, Jason Newsted, Jaco Pastorius, John Patitucci, John Paul Jones, Robert DeLeo, Mike Watt, Billy Sheehan, Joel Shipp, Geddy Lee, Victor Wooten, Paul McCartney, Mike Mills, Suzi Quatro, Matt Noveskey, Tommy Shannon and Matt Rubano.

Just ordered these from Elusive disc:

THE DOORS THE DOORS SACD
*ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS M-CH SACD*

THE DOORS STRANGE DAYS SACD

THE DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN SACD

THE DOORS THE SOFT PARADE SACD

THE DOORS MORRISON HOTEL SACD

THE DOORS L.A. WOMAN SACD

COUNTING CROWS AUGUST AND EVERYTHING AFTER SACD
*ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS SACD*

Last night, I ordered:

Soft Parade - The Doors
Waiting for the sun - The Doors

That finishes out my Doors catalog for surround.

Also ordered Pink Floyd - Wish you were here.

All SACD

Better Than Erza - How Does Your Garden Grow? - DVD-A - Wow - Impressed and I'm up to track 4....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back