What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see Frampton Comes Alive show up on Blu-ray audio pretty soon.

probably (y)

I'm just hoping the HFPA "format" limps on long enough to get the rest of the friggin' Elton 5.1's out.. once they've wheeled out the usual suspects.. GYBR & Captain Fantastic have been on the HFPA release schedule from word go according to a UMG memo that turned up online, so I guess they'd go for those 2 first, then maybe get round to the others that got the M/C SACD treatment, most likely minus Peachtree Rd.. then maybe, just maybe, we might finally get to hear Greg Penny's 5.1 mixes of Caribou, Westies, Blue Moves & Don't Shoot Me...!!!!!!!!!

No, I didn't get any Sainsbury's vouchers but I do often check their site as they've had a few bargains over the years. Not much left now on the SACD/DVDA front though. Either they've sold the stock or moved it out to stores or other outlets.

Sainsbury's are ceasing to sell all physical product from their online store from March 1st.. http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...nt-to-scrap-selling-physical-products-online/

I'll let you know what I think of The Moody Blues disc when I get a chance to listen to it :)

yes sainsburys was where I picked up the deep purple box had a voucher and is was £5 cheaper than anywhere else when I brought it.
Shame they are not supporting physical formats for much longer

Got Billy Joel's 52nd Street SACD (Stereo/MC) and George Benson's Breezin on DVD Audio coming this week.

yes sainsburys was where I picked up the deep purple box had a voucher and is was £5 cheaper than anywhere else when I brought it.
Shame they are not supporting physical formats for much longer

They mention that the demand for streaming as a reason, I don't buy that! It's places like Amazon that are killing them. These stores can't have it all in stock, but most everything is at amazon or another web based outlet. I agree that streaming is the future-but there will always be (until we all pass) physical media, I hope! :howl

They mention that the demand for streaming as a reason, I don't buy that! It's places like Amazon that are killing them. These stores can't have it all in stock, but most everything is at amazon or another web based outlet. I agree that streaming is the future-but there will always be (until we all pass) physical media, I hope! :howl

The only thing I'll ever stream ends up in the toilet.

Today at home

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings 1CD+2DVD

cl4y4etbyy0lanb9l.jpg

Second DVD with info from my player "MLP 5.1." .... this is really a DVD-A

It sure is, and one of the great surprises of the last couple of years. Elliot Scheiner hasn't lost his touch with a 5.1 mix, that's for sure.

Just added 2 more to my collection. Won Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies and The Captain and Me by the Doobie Brothers. Both on DVD-Audio.

Spending some serious money mdmost? I have had all of those on my watch list for months but they average about $50 each, so I have passed on them. Maybey you found better deals, but honestly I don't check prices often due to never seeing them cheap. Enjoy them! I have singular songs from all of them and they sound great, so I would expect the entire recording to be just as good.

I've been on a roll lately with getting most of these under $30. Billy Joel and George Benson were each around $25 each. Alice Cooper was $26. Doobie Brothers was $29. The last two have been on my list for a while. Tutu was $15. I usually bail on an auction if it goes above $30. The laughable ones are the people wanting $50-$100 for a DVD-Audio. The good thing is you'll get some decent auctions that start low and not at astronomical levels.

There are a ton that are still on my wish list: Deep Purple's Machine Head, America's Homecoming, Grover Washington's Winelight, the two The Band releases, Bonnie Raitt's Nick of Time, all the Chicago releases and Joni Mitchell. It's a never ending quest which I of course kick myself over since I could have bought all of these when they were released.

Wow! Where did you get them for those prices? I check Amazon and ebay but like I said, I stopped looking for some since they sell so high. Perhaps I need to start looking again. I need to slow down a bit though, I have spent thousands in the last month upgrading equipment, so music purchases have slowed a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

I succumbed to temptation and bought the Norah Jones SACD box set from Pop Market.
$166 and change then 10% off using the holiday10 coupon code.

I've been on a roll lately with getting most of these under $30. Billy Joel and George Benson were each around $25 each. Alice Cooper was $26. Doobie Brothers was $29. The last two have been on my list for a while. Tutu was $15. I usually bail on an auction if it goes above $30. The laughable ones are the people wanting $50-$100 for a DVD-Audio. The good thing is you'll get some decent auctions that start low and not at astronomical levels.

There are a ton that are still on my wish list: Deep Purple's Machine Head, America's Homecoming, Grover Washington's Winelight, the two The Band releases, Bonnie Raitt's Nick of Time, all the Chicago releases and Joni Mitchell. It's a never ending quest which I of course kick myself over since I could have bought all of these when they were released.

good job! those prices are great, on the Billy Joel especially, at this stage of the game.

three superb reference mixes on your wish list in Winelight, Homecoming (2 more superb Scheiner's) and Bonnie Raitt. :)

Available again on the Bay for a somewhat reasonable sum. It's the version I picked up last year and definitely multichannel. Search "Head Hunters - Herbie Hancock (2007, SACD New)"

Were there any other Japanese releases like this? I'd sure love to get my hands on some of these ridiculous late 90s SACDs.

Good prices for those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back