What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a couple of TACET Classical Surround SACDs. I play very little classical music but I find the TACET surround dvd-as and sacds very enjoyable.
Beethoven: Symphonies No. 5 & 6
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons

Got another one of the JSP Records blues discs. Byther Smith - he's marching to his own tune. I'm enjoying this. Typical JSP surround - very good.
bsmith.jpg

Yoshimi battles the pink robots,Very aggressive mixes, "Do you realize" Revolves 360 degrees then changes direction. The Soft bulletin is also great, but is hard to find at a reasonable price.

Travis&Fripp - Follow. Bought is just week after spotting it at the fnac in Madrid. I must reckon that I get it mainly for the pleasure of buying a dvd-a on a physical store. And well, because Steven Wilson mixed it. Never thought I was going to like it as much as I am, but I'm enjoying the record quite a lot.

Got also led Zeppelin's the song remains the same on blu-ray just for 6,6 euros. No time to listen to it yet, but couldn't resist to such a bargain!

What's it like (if you've listened to it)???

Looks like another one for the list.... :eek:

not yet Mike, the GYBR thread over @SHF is taking up my spare forum time right now :eek:

FWIW, it's only like £2 or £3 quid on AmazonUK at the mo just in case I don't get round to hearing it anytime soon and you fancy taking a punt

Technically a Dual disc but I got it specifically after hearing one of the tracks on the Acura Demo DVD-Audio.

foo_fighters-in_your_honor-frontal.jpg

Yeah I was thrilled to get that for $7 on Hastings.com. I was doubly thrilled to have this come in after watching Dave Grohl's awesome Sound City documentary this weekend. If you haven't watched it, give it a look. You can tell Dave really loves the old analog way of making albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back