What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad! :eek: I guess its info like this that would be handy to put in some sticky here? Or just as an N.B. on the QQ Poll for Back Home?

Anytime :) We should! :friday: I wish we were neighbours! I feel that way about a lot of you guys here! We need a global QQ convention to bring all us Quaddies together! We'd need a big sweet spot! :D

yes, I think there should be some "warning" on the polls regarding this!!!

Anyway, yes Linda , you are part of the "guys", no moustache and you can come with rollers if you want to...you can prolly drink us under the table!!!

Been quietly amassing some new ones...Nick Drake - Treasury, Depeche Mode -Violator (not sure it is dvd-a though), Hootie - Cracked Rearview, Ohio Players - Honey (DTS), Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed (DTS). Still shopping the dualdiscs, as listed in another thread. I bought more, but too lazy to go find them and list them at the moment.

Been quietly amassing some new ones...Nick Drake - Treasury, Depeche Mode -Violator (not sure it is dvd-a though), Hootie - Cracked Rearview, Ohio Players - Honey (DTS), Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed (DTS). Still shopping the dualdiscs, as listed in another thread. I bought more, but too lazy to go find them and list them at the moment.

Depeche Mode Violator is DVD-V DTS 96/24

14073108862_c4f2dc182e.jpg

Honey is brilliant! Great mixes, wouldn't you agree?

Got The Last Waltz from The Band sealed coming to me soon. I love buying sealed DVD-Audios. Also did something really dumb and bought Sea Change from Beck even though I have the Blu-ray now and have a "safety copy" that I can play in my car. But hey that's what being a collector is all about, right?

I do like Honey. I didn't pay attention to the fidelty though. I have a few DTS cds now and some are definitely better than others. Some more hi rez stuff I have acquired include James Taylor - JT and Hourglass, ELP -ELP, The Band - Music From The Big Pink.

Got The Last Waltz from The Band sealed coming to me soon. I love buying sealed DVD-Audios. Also did something really dumb and bought Sea Change from Beck even though I have the Blu-ray now and have a "safety copy" that I can play in my car. But hey that's what being a collector is all about, right?

"..You are not alone.. I am here with you.." :D

Can you ever have too much of a good thing? :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 150
I do like Honey. I didn't pay attention to the fidelty though. I have a few DTS cds now and some are definitely better than others. Some more hi rez stuff I have acquired include James Taylor - JT and Hourglass, ELP -ELP, The Band - Music From The Big Pink.

JT's seen Fire and he's seen Rain.. but has he ever heard Fire and Honey?! :p

Don't forget The Ohio P's "Fire" Quad, which I reckon is great too (sounds equally lovely & excellent surround) though I prefer the music on Honey (its a bit sweeter! chortle!) :D

Just guys?!? :howl Perhaps I could wear a fake mustache, which are popular with the kids.
View attachment 13879
I could change my name to Hairy!

There is a scene in the British comedy series League Of Gentlemen where this image would fit in a treat.

Can't say any more but anyone who has seen the episode in the massage parlor will understand:yikes

Just spent another $100 but got some great deals on some new and used discs. Others I have acquired include Herb Alpert-Passion Dance, Deep Purple-Machine Head, Destinys Child-Destiny Fulfilled, Neil Young Harvest, and Sheryl Crow-The Globe Sessions. I really need to inventory my stuff. There are probably dozens more I never listed and havent voted on yet. Someday when I am not so damn busy...

Just spent another $100 but got some great deals on some new and used discs. Others I have acquired include Herb Alpert-Passion Dance, Deep Purple-Machine Head, Destinys Child-Destiny Fulfilled, Neil Young Harvest, and Sheryl Crow-The Globe Sessions. I really need to inventory my stuff. There are probably dozens more I never listed and havent voted on yet. Someday when I am not so damn busy...

Great stuff! (y)

Did you get the Machine Head Warner DVD-A or EMI SACD? (latter has the old Quad mix, former a modern 5.1 remix).. was that the SACD or DVDA of Sheryl?

Just got Dylan Blonde on Blonde today. Actually it was sitting in a po box locker for at least 7 days. Should check my mail more often.

Single layer and the 2 LP set is on a single disk. Paid $10 plus $3 shipping for a totally mint one on ebay, and it came with a plastic slipcase.

It's stereo only.
I paid way too much. These are not worth much of anything anymore.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004SGNK

Last edited:
I love buying a sealed copy of a DVD-Audio only to have it arrive with a broken case because the moron who sold it to me packaged it in the laziest way possible which was just putting the DVD-Audio in a flimsy manilla envelope. But hey, he or she wrote Fragile on the front so that really made the US Postal Service take extra special care of my item. I haven't taken the plastic off to see if the disc is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back