What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been away I have quite a collection waiting for me!

Lori Lieberman - Bricks Against The Glass (Pure Audio Blu-ray)
Miles Davis - Seven Steps To Heaven (SACD multi 3ch?)
Soundgarden -Superunknown Box Set (5.1 Blu-ray)
Anathema - Distant Satellites Box Set (5.1 DVD)

Yeay! :banana: You got the Lori Blu! What a disc!! :worthy

Yeay! :banana: You got the Lori Blu! What a disc!! :worthy

Yes it is (reminds me of the style of Thea Gilmore in some ways), nice surround mix, makes full use of all channels. Curiously I do get distorted centre vocals for a few seconds on Track 3, anybody else noticed that?

Thanks for bringing it to us QQers attention Adam :worthy. I suspect that trying to order it via amazon is an issue, as after I cancelled I got mine from acoustic sounds after a short wait for stock.

Yes it is (reminds me of the style of Thea Gilmore in some ways), nice surround mix, makes full use of all channels. Curiously I do get distorted centre vocals for a few seconds on Track 3, anybody else noticed that?

Thanks for bringing it to us QQers attention Adam :worthy. I suspect that trying to order it via amazon is an issue, as after I cancelled I got mine from acoustic sounds after a short wait for stock.

I don't recall any distortion, I'll check Trk.3 over the weekend. anytime Duncan, glad you're enjoying it :) So, Acoustic Sounds is the way to get this now based on your experience (y) hopefully more QQ-ers will jump on this one, it's tailor made for us Quaddies :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 150
Donald Fagen - Nightfly DVD-A
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots DVD-A
Graham Nash - Songs for Beginners DVD-A
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name DVD-A

Donald Fagen - Nightfly DVD-A
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots DVD-A
Graham Nash - Songs for Beginners DVD-A
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name DVD-A

Great discs! (y)

Songs For Beginners is a v.nice Nathaniel Kunkel 5.1 (he did some of the James Taylor SACDs - Dad Loves His Work, Flag, J.T. - with equally great 5.1 mixes, check them out too if you don't have already).. and of course Nightfly is another in a long line of Elliot Scheiner multichannel masterpieces. The mixes on Yoshimi are totally crazy all over the place crazy/fun mega discrete but the mastering on all the Lips' DVD-A's is really not good. the David Crosby is a nice enough mix (mostly 4.0 iirc) with absolutely gorgeous fidelity :)

Your thoughts on the sound, mix please? cheers.

I cannot speak for PK, but this is an excellent disc. Sound is great and the mix, oh the mix :) For some QQ members, including myself, Rob Reed is on par with Steven Wilson mix wise. kompendium is proof of that, lots of thimgs going on in the rear speakers, from percussion, choir to guitars. Check out the Kompendium topic for more detals. Highly recommended.

Adam, I have sooo much stuff to catch up with these days, (un)fortunately, that I don't see myself unsealing this one in foreseeable future. And, based on this thread, those hankies just might come in handy then...;)

Adam, I have sooo much stuff to catch up with these days, (un)fortunately, that I don't see myself unsealing this one in foreseeable future. And, based on this thread, those hankies just might come in handy then...;)

I know the feeling.. ;) I better snap this boombox up before it goes OOP like everything else once it gets talked about for the first time round here! :D Haha.. dry your eyes mate! :p

Porcupine Tree, Deadwing 2013 Japanese version HDCD+DVD A. I think this completes my PT surround collection. six studio, two live DVD A/Vs. "I've got moonlight leaking from out of my hole".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back