What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Blair, I would like to buy or trade for the Zoe. PM me if interested.

DVD-A
Staind - 14 Shades of Grey
Everclear - So Much For the Afterglow
Zoe - Zoe

Don't much care for the above 3, might play the Everclear, but I figured they were worth $1.99 each just to get the smaller hinge DVD-A Super Jewel boxes in undamaged condition. Or perhaps I'll see what the value is in the Marketplace.

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells SACD Mint for $28 in amazon.com...got lucky...

Hattler - Surround Cuts (DTS-CD)

After seven days of Fedex shipping (Route: Salina, Memphis, Newark, Paris, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Monschau (hurray....), Düsseldorf (oh no....), Monschau) it finally arrived. Should have arrived yesterday but the young Fedex driver was afraid to drive same narrow downhill city street. Today they send some older experienced guy having balls (good choice).
Pink Floyd - Wish You Where Here (SACD)

Markus

Tony Bennett & k.d. lang - Wonderful World - single layer Stereo/Mulitchannel SACD - found it today at FYE for $7.99 used (actually new - drilled "promo") - Lovely music and performances - strictly ambience in the rears mix.

Just got:

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration & Construction Time Again - CD/DVD DTS 96/24 but not SACD. Just need Songs of Faith and Devotion now.

FYI - The non sacd versions are still accessible for a reasonable price ..I didn't realise you could still get these - otherwise I'd have picked them up earlier!!! Not too worried about not having the sacd version.

King Crimson in the court of the Crimson King: 40th anniversary box set with 5CD + 1DVDA

A_L

Discipline - King Crimson
WYWH - Pink Floyd

My deal of the week was Bernstein conducts West Side Story for $10 from AmazonMarketplace.

I just ordered JT - James Taylor from GoHastings. I will let you know if it arrives in good condition.

BTW: The Cardigans cd was not an sacd. The seller said just keep it and he would refund the charge.

Last edited:
RPWL - World Through My Eyes (SACD)
Barenaked Ladies - Maroon (DVD-A)

Destiny's Child - Destiny FulFilled (DualDisc DD-DVD)
David Bowie - Reality (DualDisc DD-DVD)

Charles Mingus: Black Saint and the Sinner Lady (SACD)
King Crimson: Starless & Bible Black (DVD-A)
King Crimson: Discipline (DVD-A)
Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (DVD-A)
Serge Gainsbourg: Histoire de Melody Nelson (DVD-V)

The usual suspects...Floyd WYWH and KC's "Discipline" are in heavy rotation..
A little bird has informed me though that I have a couple of the Japanese SACDs coming for Christmas
of DVD-A's I missed first time round and only had as DVD-R......must be the Eagles and Doobies' discs. :banana:
John

KING CRIMSON/STARLESS AND BIBLE BLACK JAPAN LIMITED CD/DVDA
KING CRIMSON/DISCIPLINE JAPAN LIMITED CD/DVDA

Got them at auction and they included the promo boxes for less by far than I could have gotte just the 2 disc sets alone!

Two stereo SACDs showed up today: CCR (1st) ... seems to be sold out everywhere now and Foreigner Hot Blooded.

Yesterday got Sector 3 Rush and my 3rd Jethro Tull Aqualung box (the first two got returned). This one I'm keeping.

Anyone know if there will be future Sector boxes or are they just doing 3 of them?

The other day I got Jean Michel Jarre's "Aero" new fro less than €10..good deal

Yesterday I went to the FNAC I have about 20 kms from my house and saw they had ALL of the Box sets!!!(PF, JT, The Who-no Layla, though)...but since funds are low...I DID manage to find a couple of DVD-A's, funnily enough from a group that I don't like too much, but is growing on me: PTree.
Got "Lightbulb Sun" for €12 and "Stupid Dream" for €18. Always a treat to find DVD-A's in your local store...

And on top of that, I couldn't take it anymore, broke down and ordered JT's "Aqualung" from yamaz*n.co.uck- hope it gets here alright...Also ordered Rush's "Sector 2" since it's my favorite period...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back