What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, Markus. I haven't listened yet, don't even know if I will like the music. But I must thank analoguehost who in an earlier post mentioned the donnas and jogged my memory. I had forgotten about this DD.

If it is MC and <= EUR 5 incl. shipping I can not resists. Sometimes you find a great 5.1 mix that converts music you don't like too much otherwise into a little treasure.

I found some Missy Elljiot DVD-A at a cheap price. Nothing I would buy as stereo CD. I was surprised how nice it was listening to that type of music in surround. It had voices flying around in one song without the bitter taste of some effect for the sake of an effect. For me it was a pleasure to listen. I always have the hope to dig for a truffle. This thread is a good source for me.

Markus

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here SACD, I really like the surround mix
Michael McDonald - Motown Two SACD, this one is even better as part 1 (just my oppinion)
King Crimson - Discipline DVD-A, the best of the King Crimson DVD-As so far, the best of the King Crimson DVD-As so far (I repeat myself when under stress)
King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black DVD-A, not bad either
The Who - Quadrophenia DVD-A, great stuff but I really miss "Punk & Godfather" and "The Dirty Jobs"

No-Man "Together We're Stranger" CD/DVD-Audio 2 disc set (new & sealed)

No-Man "Schoolyard Ghosts" CD/DVD-Audio 2 disc set (new & sealed)

King Crimson "Lizard" Japan CD/DVD-Audio 2 disc set with promo box and obis (new & sealed)

Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Jazz In The Key Of Blue (MC SACD)
Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Cobb's Corner (MC SACD)
John Hicks, Buster Williams, & Louis Hayes - On The Wings Of An Eagle (MC SACD)

Genesis - and then there were three SACD+DVD

Also got the following Rush without the whole box from ebay...

Rush - Fly by Night CD+DVD-A
Rush - A Farewell to Kings CD+DVD-A

The Rat Pack - Live At The Villa Venice (DVD-A)
N.E.R.D. - In The Search Of... (DVD-A)

Mark Reeder - Various Artists Five Point One (2 CD + DD-DVD)
Interesting 2011 collection of remixed songs by John Foxx, Anne Clark, Depeche Mode, Blank And Jones, among many others

The data sides of the CDs are completely black (not silver). Never seen that before.

Markus

Last edited:
Beach Boys Pet Sounds SACD showed up today. Took a whole 10 days to get it from Indiana. Amazingly slow USPS. Have had it on repeat all day. This must be the first time the stereo version has had more bass than the mono version. And I'm hearing new sounds in it I haven't heard in it before.

OK, don't hate me, but I decided to go to a relatively distant FYE store today and as I found out when I arrived, the location I went to was closing so everything was at least 50% off....of course I started scouring.

After about an hour, I had found a copy of David Bowie's Reality on SACD amongst a few other things. At the end of the day, I walked out of the store having paid about $15.00. The Bowie SACD ended up being $2.00+tax. Yep, I'm a happy camper!

OK, don't hate me, but I decided to go to a relatively distant FYE store today and as I found out when I arrived, the location I went to was closing so everything was at least 50% off....of course I started scouring.

After about an hour, I had found a copy of David Bowie's Reality on SACD amongst a few other things. At the end of the day, I walked out of the store having paid about $15.00. The Bowie SACD ended up being $2.00+tax. Yep, I'm a happy camper!

An intelligent buyer always gets a good deal! :)

...I had found a copy of David Bowie's Reality on SACD amongst a few other things. At the end of the day, I walked out of the store having paid about $15.00. The Bowie SACD ended up being $2.00+tax. Yep, I'm a happy camper!

FYE tends to mis-mark standard Reality CDs as being SACDs. Have you confirmed it really is a SACD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back