What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio Fidelity used to do good work back in the SACD days. They're all out of print now.

Audio Fidelity used to do good work back in the SACD days. They're all out of print now.

Yes, but there are still some copies of the Audio Fidelity SACDs out there. For example, Elusive Disc has The Zombies Greatest Hits, the 1st Audio Fidelity Stereo SACD release, on sale for $19.99 today!
If you don't have that one, I'd suggest nabbing it ASAP. (See the listing on the web at http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AFSA001)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334483999.009823.jpg

Had a bit of a shopping spree at a couple of stores in Central London on Friday- as well as a stack of regular CDs I managed to collect this little lot...

Nothing earth shatteringly rare, but it just amazed me that I was able to walk I to a selection of shops in 2012 and come out with anything multichannel at all.

The "Ultra" is an SACD but "Black Celebration" is the DTS version only (couldn't get that lucky!)

I suppose the others are also DVD-V, except for the No-Man disc on the bottom of the pile which is a bit hard to see!

Just arrived yesterday: Elgar Pomp & Circumstance SACD on the Exton label (Japan). Stereo apparently. Thought it was multi-channel since it was recently recorded, but it's still fine. Recorded straight to DSD.

Also: Queen The Works on SHM SACD. It may be a bit compressed but they didn't pump up the treble.

Today there was a grand opening of a Goodwill store less than a mile away. While digging through the CDs, I came upon a DVD-Audio case. It is a JVC sampler called The DVD-Audio Experience. This was not for sale in stores. I read here somewhere it was given away with other DVD-Audio discs sold at Tower Records.
This is obviously one of the first DVD-Audio samplers ever produced. Here is the track listing:
1. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
2. Heart of Gold - Neil Young
3. Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 2)
4. Lucky Man - ELP
5. Moonjogger - Fourplay
6. Love Her Madly - The Doors
7. Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 4)
8. Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead
9. Feels Like The First Time - Foreigner
10. Breathless - The Corrs
11. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

DSC00248.JPG
Today there was a grand opening of a Goodwill store less than a mile away. While digging through the CDs, I came upon a DVD-Audio case. It is a JVC sampler called The DVD-Audio Experience. This was not for sale in stores. I read here somewhere it was given away with other DVD-Audio discs sold at Tower Records.
This is obviously one of the first DVD-Audio samplers ever produced. Here is the track listing:
1. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
2. Heart of Gold - Neil Young
3. Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 2)
4. Lucky Man - ELP
5. Moonjogger - Fourplay
6. Love Her Madly - The Doors
7. Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 4)
8. Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead
9. Feels Like The First Time - Foreigner
10. Breathless - The Corrs
11. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

Good find! It came packed with JVC dvd players capable of dvd audio, also it came with a YES sampler, cuts from magnification and some live stuff. It was my 1st dvd audio player, still have it, still works. had to replace the remote sensor and new remote.

K-otic "Live in Concert + Bulletproof" 2 disc SACD set. The live disc is stereo and mutli channel "Bulletproof is stereo sacd only.

Last edited:
Picked up a used Living Stereo Bartok Concerto For Orchestra Reiner at the local FYE for $6.99 minus 30% discount. I'm surprised they hadn't marked this one up to amazon seller price levels yet. Must have slipped by somehow.

It's multi-channel which means 3 channel with these Living Stereo items.

How are the recording and performance? Have you compared it to others? I'm too young to have heard Reiner/CSO in person. I have a few recordings of them, though. I had a season subscription for years, under both Solti and Barenboim's direction.

I have 4 different versions of Concerto, including a Q8 and SACD by Boulez. A wonderful piece of music.

Picked up a used Living Stereo Bartok Concerto For Orchestra Reiner at the local FYE for $6.99 minus 30% discount. I'm surprised they hadn't marked this one up to amazon seller price levels yet. Must have slipped by somehow.

It's multi-channel which means 3 channel with these Living Stereo items.

Fiona Mackenzie - Elevate - SACD
The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance - SACD

Shirley Horn - Here's To Life
Gene Harris/Scott Hamilton- At Last
Bill Evans - Moon Beams
Terry Evans - Puttin' It Down
Bruce Katz Band - Three Feet To the Ground
Earth Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World
The Band - Northern Lights Southern Cross

Shirley Horn - Here's To Life (SACD)
Herbert Grönemeyer - Mensch (SACD)
Maná - Sueños Líquidos (DVD-A)
Nathasha Berrett - Kraftfelt (DVD-A)

I've been bargain hunting lately. I picked up Graham Nash - Songs For Survivors DVD-Audio for about 5 bucks. Also, got a copy of Bare Naked Ladies - Everything To Everyone DVD-Audio for $1. Also, Blues Traveler - Truth Be Told DVD-Audio for $3.50. It's a Silverline title, so not the greatest surround mix, but definitely worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back