What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis/Fripp - follow
Steven Wilson - Get all you deserve
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

I'm just really starting to build my collection. Playing catch-up. Just got The ELP s/t and Tarkus yesterday. Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here the day before. It's been a good week.

Im building it up too... since I started psting here it has been crazy...

and now I will have to pay up the credit card wich was way too high this month... so Ill have to put my foot on the break of the "insanly buying Train"

Latest buys (not arrived yet):

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons; Piazzolla: The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires [Hybrid SACD]

Genesis: Invisible Touch: Special Edition [Hybrid SACD - DSD, Original recording remastered, Import]

Mozart: Requiem [Hybrid SACD - DSD] Anna Tomowa-Sintow (Artist), Agnes Baltsa (Artist), Werner Krenn (Artist), Jose van Dam (Artist), Wiener Singverein (Performer), Mozart (Composer), Karajan (Conductor), Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra (Orchestra)

RPWL: World Through My Eyes [SACD] (Expensive, but I hope Its worth it, I love the album)

Last edited:
Im building it up too... since I started psting here it has been crazy...

and now I will have to pay up the credit card wich was way too high this month... so Ill have to put my foot on the break of the "insanly buying traing"

it's true. for those, who jumped to collect surround in the last few years, it can be quite expensive hobby,
particularly if one's wanna go after OOP titles.
on positive note - seems like we witnessed sort of renaissance of HIRez and surround this year. let's hope
it will not stalled on just present and would develop on the bigger scale.

Kane - So Glad I've Got It - SACD :)

Two Dutch surround discs in a row!!!!!

Last edited:
Johann Sebastian Bach, The Brandenburg Concertos, Academy of St. James - Carl Pini, Silverline Classics 284200-2, DualDisc (DVD-A)
Handel, The Water Music - Royal Fireworks Music, English Chamber Orchestra - Johannes Somary, Silverline Classics 284217-2, DualDisc (DVD-A)
Inside the Music, ClassicJazz, Silverline 288033-9, (DVD-A)
Inside the Music, ClassicCrooners, Silverline 86034-9, (DVD-A)
Inside the Music, WomenOnTop, Silverline 86038-9, (DVD-A)

Stravinsky: Le Sacre du Printemps, The Firebird - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/ Yuri Simonov (Hybrid M/C SACD).

One of those Membran SACDs that's shot up in value.

Regularly comes up for sale now for anywhere between £40 used & £100 new.

Got it new today for £6 :)

America Town - Five for Fighting (Sony Single Layer Stereo & M/C SACD).

Absolutely no idea what the surround mix is like on this one but I like the music, so we shall jolly well see..!! ;)

America Town - Five for Fighting (Sony Single Layer Stereo & M/C SACD).

Absolutely no idea what the surround mix is like on this one but I like the music, so we shall jolly well see..!! ;)

OH... OHH...

WOW..!!!

I don't think I've ever replied to myself on here before..!?

First sign of quad madness, probably..!!

.. however, I just have to say how absolutely WONDERFUL most of this album is in surround..!!!!

There are one or two strange mixing decisions and a couple of missed opportunities to play around with stuff here and there.. but the high points are amazing..!!

Track 7, "Michael Jordan", is a total surround treat! One of the best things I've heard in 5.1 in years and years..!!!

If you don't have this SACD already, I urge you to track it down.

OH... OHH...

WOW..!!!

I don't think I've ever replied to myself on here before..!?

First sign of quad madness, probably..!!

.. however, I just have to say how absolutely WONDERFUL most of this album is in surround..!!!!

There are one or two strange mixing decisions and a couple of missed opportunities to play around with stuff here and there.. but the high points are amazing..!!

Track 7, "Michael Jordan", is a total surround treat! One of the best things I've heard in 5.1 in years and years..!!!

If you don't have this SACD already, I urge you to track it down.

It begins with responding to your iown posts, then you start laughing at your own jokes, and finnaly? you buy sacd's in stereo. Now, your toasted.

It begins with responding to your iown posts, then you start laughing at your own jokes, and finnaly? you buy sacd's in stereo. Now, your toasted.

hahaha..!!

too late! I'm toast! i already have a bunch of stereo sacd's!

some are worth the polycarbonate they're pressed on (imho) .. others, not so much..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back