What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD-A: ELP: Brain Salad Surgery (last month)
SACD: The Rolling Stones: The London Years (this week)

King Crimson: Red (on pre-order)

Last purchase of any surround release was the Talking Heads' Remain In Light CD+dvd-audio set back in early 2007. :(

Just ordered Fagen's Morph the Cat on DVD-A, to complete the trilogy. And of course KC on pre-order.

Latest (probably not last) SACD was Shostakovitch's 13th symphony (Babi Yar) on BIS a couple of months ago.

The last DVD-As were a few extras of the Jackson Browne, Steely Dan (Everything Must Go) and Barenaked Ladies (Everything to Everyone) discs, bought cheap at Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree for future trading purposes. I wonder if the stores still have some?

Likely the last SACDs were either during the last Concord summer sale (ditto having everything I want from them, probably around 40 discs) or from when Borders was eliminating discs at many of their stores, I got a couple Moody Blues and a few others at that time.

Haven't ordered any King Crimson yet, not a huge fan but I'll pick one for starters, see how I like it and go from there. I probably made a mistake by not getting the Depeche Mode and Genesis discs when they were generally available, but I just couldn't see myself listening to either band. With a couple hundred surround discs to choose from, plus quad stuff, when am I really going to listen to the stuff I don't like all that well? (My theory, FWIW.)

Gotta get a trade list together soon, there's a big pile of extras here....

Mark Z

The Steely Dan "Everything Must Go" sets I saw at Wal-Mart were CD/DVD-V sets. The DVD-V is not a surround sound version of the album. I had hoped it was the DVD-A when I picked it up to inspect it but quickly realized what it was. If in fact, you did get the DVD-A, you are the first person I have seen mention that it was available at Wal-Mart. There was still a stack of the Barenaked Ladies "Everything to Everyone" CD/DVD-A set at Dollar Tree the last time I was there a week or so ago.

Chris

All I know is that I have all the SACD's from them that I am interested in

I purchased quite a number of the Concord SACD's from artists I knew little or nothing about and have been very pleased. Tierney Sutton comes to mind quickly as an artist with a couple titles I like a lot.

Chris

Funny you ask, just when things are picking up for a while :)

SACD 4 discs from the Concord Summer Sale a few months ago.
DVD-A Steven Wilson - Insurgentes (King Crimsons next month)
DVD-V Magenta - Seven and Metamorphosis

I bought 20 dvd-a and sacd discs from the used section of a FYE the last weekend of August. About half were titles I didn't have and the others will be used as back-ups or trade bait. I think somebody recently unloaded their collection because many of them smelled like smoke.

Hmm, might have fooled me (and as poorly as some of the hi-res releases have been labeled, no wonder!) Will have to check the couple I picked up.

Mark Z

If you haven't played it already and know it is a DVD-A, I am pretty sure it isn't. It is a great find if it is a DVD-A. I hope you have the receipt, although the CD/DVD-V is probably worth $5 but not if you already have the DVD-A. I believe that is only Fagen/Steely Dan DVD-A I don't own so I was pretty excited for the few seconds it took me to read the case and realize it wasn't what I wanted.

Chris

If you haven't played it already and know it is a DVD-A, I am pretty sure it isn't. It is a great find if it is a DVD-A.

Hmm, I think you are right. I was thinking that the DVD-A of "Everything Must Go" was 2 discs in a CD case, but it's in a SJB. The similarly colored Donald Fagen "Morph the Cat" is packaged that way, I guess when I saw them in the store my memory flashed back to Fagen instead of SD. The Wal-Mart EMG is clearly labeled as a DVD. Ah well, I can live with a few mistakes like that...

That'll teach me for setting foot in a &)?!#$&) Wal-Mart!

Mark Z

Here's a good one :phones:

Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Violator (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)

Found all on sale in a local store today :banana: :banana: :banana:

DVD-A:
Trey Anastasio - Trey Anastasio... ,...bought last week
In June I got: Neil Young - Greendale, Randy Newman - Little Criminals

SACD:
Godsmack - The Other Side
Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time
Toto - Hydra
Nat King Cole - The Very Thought of You, Love is the Thing
Top Gun Soundtrack
Grant Green - Idle Moments
Lou Donaldson - Here 'Tis
Buddy Guy - DJ Play My Blues

Not everything is surround mind you.

Here's a good one :phones:

Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Violator (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)

Found all on sale in a local store today :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow....things sure are going good in Spain these days...... :)

SACD: Buddy Guy - "DJ Play MY Blues"

dvd-a John Lee Hooker "Mr Lucky"

Wow....things sure are going good in Spain these days...... :)

Yes, We are the WM Football Champions but the economic crisis is terrific!

In FNAC I've bought all Depeche Mode Collector's Edition w/ SACD (10 in total) except "101" for 9,95 € each one a year ago.

My last purchases:

DVD-A: Doors, Perception Box Set (6 CD + 6 DVD-A). One month ago.

SACD: The Legend of Zorro; Dvorak, Concerto for Cello (Fischer, BFO), Ultimate Mancini.

My SACD wish list has 115 items only ...

My most recent SACDs are Miles Davis Seven Steps To Heaven (3 channel) and Stones Let It Bleed SHM SACD. Last dvd-audio disk would be one of the King Crimson ones, and it's still sealed since I haven't played dvd-audio for awhile.

4792250917_90a3df6b7a_m.jpg
4792250673_f4f4e8bf76_m.jpg
4792883422_7910df47f6_m.jpg

4773127355_490a59d994_m.jpg
4618165364_03bd12f431_m.jpg
4617551393_c1ede90f66_m.jpg

My most recent SACDs are Miles Davis Seven Steps To Heaven (3 channel) and Stones Let It Bleed SHM SACD. Last dvd-audio disk would be one of the King Crimson ones, and it's still sealed since I haven't played dvd-audio for awhile.

Is the Seven Steps To Heaven SACD the one Acoustic Sounds is offering on their Analogue Productions label? How is it?

Paul

Last 3 SACDs

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Bryan Ferry - Boys & Girls
Moody Blues - To our children's children's children

Last 3 DVD-As

King Crimson - In the Court of Crimson King
Toy Matinee - Toy Matinee
Steve Wilson - Insurgentes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back