What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a good one :phones:

Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Violator (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)
Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward (Collector's Edition w/ SACD)

Found all on sale in a local store today :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cool...WHERE IN MADRID??

Richard Thompson - Rumor & Sigh DVD-A (new) - Thanks to a tip from a QQ member!!!

P.S Thought I'd confuse people and adopt Fletch's avatar for a while.....

Last edited:
Finally my Jethro Tull arrived today in Germany. I ordered it 27 Oct 2011 from ImportCDs. Even after paying VAT it was very cheap and worth the waiting.
Now XMas can come...

Jethro Tull - Aqualung (BluRay)
Missy Elliott - Miss E ... So Addictive (DVD-Audio)

Got two SACDs from Japan today, along with a Blu-spec (the best Sony can do nowadays).

Attachments

• HMV_shipment_arrived_Dec2011.jpg
    HMV_shipment_arrived_Dec2011.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 190
Merry Christmas!

My Xmas addition :)

Lilium - Short Stories (DVD-A)

Btw: Thanks for this great forum and thread. Especially this thread gives me many hints about what is available on the market for my next record hunt.

Markus

Finally my Jethro Tull arrived today in Germany. I ordered it 27 Oct 2011 from ImportCDs. Even after paying VAT it was very cheap and worth the waiting.
Now XMas can come...

Jethro Tull - Aqualung (BluRay)
Missy Elliott - Miss E ... So Addictive (DVD-Audio)

Nice addition that JT set. When was yours send, as I am still waiting for mine that was shipped on 2-12-2011. Thanks.

Queen News Of The World best sounding SHM-SACD so far? What beats this?

And Exile On Main Street sounds like a CD. I'll have to play it some more. Maybe it's just my ears.

I ordered what I believe to be the MC version, based on the picture. But you never know until it arrives.
Will let you which I get, it has shipped and should be here early next week.

They sent the right one!

Hybrid multi channel, from Amazon Canada

All SACD 2ch

Love, Devotion, Surrender - Santana/McLaughlin
Music - Carole King
Tea for the Tillerman - Cat Stevens
John Coltrane Quartet Plays Chim Chim...
Body & Soul - Lady Day
Art Blakey!!!! Jazz Messengers!!!

Blair, what the Rebecca Pidgeon surround like, is it very discrete or a very safe surround recording?
I haven't heard of this one and listened to some samples and sounded pretty good. - peter

Hey Peter, I bought the SACD after I read about it in this thread and learned that it was available on amazon.ca for 30 bucks (I'm even in Canada :)). Didn't even know the album beforehand, only took a quick listen before buying and quite liked it.

The SACD is playing as I'm typing this and mix-wise, it's nothing impressive. The center is actually silent, and the rears only have some ambience. But the music is gorgeous! I think this SACD will unfold its full potential and truly shine on a high-end surround system. It already sounds wonderful on my 450-dollar box.

Quote from the inlay:
"We give you the purest most natural recordings made today captured with a single point microphone, using the world's finest custom made electronics.
No overdubs · No compressors in the signal path · No multitracking · No large mixing consoles."

So yeah, I'd say for 30 bucks, shoot it while you can. After the last couple copies on amazon.ca go, it'll be back up to 50-100 dollars used.

Genesis SACD bonus 2 disc set from the 1970-1976 box set (new and unplayed)

I have Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, on Japanese sacd/dvd which I prefer but they dont have the bonus discs even in the box set.

R.E.M. "The Best Of R.E.M. in Time" DVD-Audio (new & sealed)

Terminator 2 Soundtrack SACD (new & sealed)

Depeche Mode "Some Great Reward" SACD/DVD (new & sealed)

Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of the Moon" Blu-Ray (new)

Pink Floyd is my first Blu-Ray purchase. I got the Blu-Ray disc by itself. I have the complete Depeche Mode set already, however when I can find sealed copies of ones I have that arent sealed I like to get them. That way I dont have to worry about having sealed copies to keep a spares. No need to decide whether to open that way!

Rolling Stones "Symapthy For The Devil" maxi-single sacd (new and sealed) The second cheapest price I have ever paid for sacd. $8.01 USD that included sales tax and shipping. O'Jays "Ship Ahoy" sacd with slipcase still is the cheapest I got it earlier in the year for $8.00 USD in a used record shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back