What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Through the past darkly" - Rolling Stones (SACD).

£8 used, excellent condition (with certificate of authenticity.. woo!)

I see it's new on Amazon UK right now for a mere £214.70..!!

"High Tide & Green Grass" - Rolling Stones (SACD).

£9, used, excellent cond.

not such a steal apparently, as it's on Amazon UK new for 'only' £32.00 at the moment.. but it's nice to have it.

Bela Fleck: The Bluegrass Sessions: Acoustic Planet #2

Since my bluegrass exposure ranges from the Theme from Deliverance to Foggy Mountain Breakdown, wasn't sure what to expect, but the reviews here made me chance it. So far I am really enjoying it!

"Through the past darkly" - Rolling Stones (SACD).

£8 used, excellent condition (with certificate of authenticity.. woo!)

I see it's new on Amazon UK right now for a mere £214.70..!!
£214.70? You'd think someone would just buy the cheaper SHM SACD version instead.

"High Tide & Green Grass" - Rolling Stones (SACD).

£9, used, excellent cond.

not such a steal apparently, as it's on Amazon UK new for 'only' £32.00 at the moment.. but it's nice to have it.
I just sold my mint one on ebay and it only fetched $13.

After a long travel today Allan's (leevitalone1) parcel arrived in fine shape, holding these fine and rare SACDs:
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (SACD)
Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller (SACD)

Ok, this is not rare, but is one of the many titles I did not know about before Allan told me about.
Al Di Meola - Consequence Of Chaos (SACD)

Thanks to Allan

Markus

After a long travel today Allan's (leevitalone1) parcel arrived in fine shape, holding these fine and rare SACDs:
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (SACD)
Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller (SACD)

Ok, this is not rare, but is one of the many titles I did not know about before Allan told me about.
Al Di Meola - Consequence Of Chaos (SACD)

Thanks to Allan

Markus

nice parcel to receive! i only became aware of the Weather Report SACD when it was too late and was already too pricey :(

Talking Heads '77 (CD + DVDA)

..and (at last! the other copy I had was only a redbook cd in the Collectors' Edition box.. Grr..! I ended up giving it away)..

Speak & Spell - Depeche Mode (SACD + DVDV)

Nice discs, there, Fred!

The last few days' post have brought me:

Queen- The Game (DVD-A)
Elton John- Captain Fantastic (SACD)

(traded the two above for a copy of Tangerine Dream's Rubycon which I found cheap but was never going to play.)

Also:

Sting- Nothing like The Sun (DTS CD) - price, well not exactly cheap but half the amazon price. That completes my Sting surround collection, although I wish there were surround discs of Soul Cages and Mercury Falling.

Seal- Seal (1994) CD&DVD-A: £18 from eBay US.

Depeche Mode- Tour of the Universe (Blu-ray)

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (Blu-ray)

Moloko- Statues (SACD) - £30 from eBay Netherlands.

More on the way, too!

Nice discs, there, Fred!

The last few days' post have brought me:

Queen- The Game (DVD-A)
Elton John- Captain Fantastic (SACD)

(traded the two above for a copy of Tangerine Dream's Rubycon which I found cheap but was never going to play.)

Also:

Sting- Nothing like The Sun (DTS CD) - price, well not exactly cheap but half the amazon price. That completes my Sting surround collection, although I wish there were surround discs of Soul Cages and Mercury Falling.

Seal- Seal (1994) CD&DVD-A: £18 from eBay US.

Depeche Mode- Tour of the Universe (Blu-ray)

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (Blu-ray)

Moloko- Statues (SACD) - £30 from eBay Netherlands.

More on the way, too!

Thanks LF! Tho' none of them are anything special, its nice to have them - and I prefer earlier Talking Heads production-wise so I'm particularly looking forward to giving the '77 DVDA a spin!

The Game & CFATBDC are two of my all-time fave albums (in stereo, surround, played back on old tin cans, I could care less, they're amazing records!!) I've no less than 5 different masterings of The Game and CFATBDC apiece.. so they're pretty much up there for me. The 5.1 mixes on both discs are incredible!

re: Stings' incomplete surround catalogue, I'm sure many feel the same way about just about every artist where more than one of their albums got the 5.1 SACD/DVDA treatment!

Off the top of my head, artists that are complete (or currently near complete) in 5.1 are Nick Cave, Talking Heads, The Doors, Genesis.. there must be a few more but they're very much in the minority, compared to artists where they had say 3 or more albums reissued in 5.1 and then the releases stiffed!

Bjork & R.E.M., while extremely comprehensively represented in 5.1, don't count as Bjorks' career is ongoing and not everything until now has been released in 5.1 and pretty much the same for R.E.M. although Warner Bros retired from the DVDA business before R.E.M retired from the music business..!! :D

That Moloko SACD is the real steal though! Well done getting that for 30 quid now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back