What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a German and English Edition. I've German voice-over. Can you perhaps confirm that you have English voice-overs?
Seems the cover also is different. Mine is in deep purple.

Markus

Mine is also a deep purple cover.
I purchased from jpc in Germany so perhaps I got the German edition.

When you say "voice-over" I assume you are refering to the vocals?
Will try and play it this weekend to answer your question.

Latest SACD:
Bill Evans - Moon Beams

LAGQ - Brazil (SACD)
LAGQ - Guitar Heroes (SACD)
Nickel Creek - This Side (SACD)
Helium Vola - Liod (SACD)
The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy (DVD-A)

Mine is also a deep purple cover.
I purchased from jpc in Germany so perhaps I got the German edition.

When you say "voice-over" I assume you are refering to the vocals?
Will try and play it this weekend to answer your question.

Latest SACD:
Bill Evans - Moon Beams

Yes, I mean the "vocals". if I remember right a voice says something like "Willkommen in der Welt von Schiller" etc. It is more spoken. I expect that there is an English edition saying "Welcome to the world of Schiller". Some comments are in a way, that the German one is better even for English speakers. The reason might be, that it is a good idea not to know what the talking is about :) I've ordered the SACD with the different cover from the UK... I wonder if I really will get an English spoken one - if it exists.

Markus

Yes, I mean the "vocals". if I remember right a voice says something like "Willkommen in der Welt von Schiller" etc. It is more spoken. I expect that there is an English edition saying "Welcome to the world of Schiller". Some comments are in a way, that the German one is better even for English speakers. The reason might be, that it is a good idea not to know what the talking is about :) I've ordered the SACD with the different cover from the UK... I wonder if I really will get an English spoken one - if it exists.

Markus

I played the disc last night so I now understand what you mean by "voice-over".
It's not the actual singing (some of which is German, some English) but the spoken narration at the beginning of certain tracks.
It's German on my copy, catalog # 06024 9865609 9

Interesting album, I like it. I may seek out the other Schiller CDs.
Sounds good too though I had to listen in CD mode, my stubborn SACD player would not load it.

I also have that Helium Vola disc.
Very unusual music.

Interesting album, I like it. I may seek out the other Schiller CDs.
Sounds good too though I had to listen in CD mode, my stubborn SACD player would not load it.

In surround it is even better. Next I try Atemlos by Schiller. It is a pain that you need the Super Deluxe Edition to get 10 tracks of surround tracks. As it was released it was expensive... but now used ones are cheap. I hope it is as good as Leben in surround.

Markus

Last edited:
Don't have the 1st two, but the Queen and the EJ are EXEMPLARY MCH mixes!
Congrats and enjoy!

:smokin

oh yes! the kapn'n tells no lies! they're both amazing!

Honky Chateau is one of the nicest 5.1 mixes of all the Elton SACDs, maybe even the most aggressively discrete (is that an oxymoron!? it sounds like one!) but they are all superb Robert, you won't be disappointed.

The only disappointment will come when you realise there are at least another 4 classic Elton albums also mixed in 5.1, just sitting in Universal Musics' vaults.. languishing.. begging to be released :(

(y) (y)
It took me YEARS to get into PT...LS is one of the top ones!!!
Enjoy!!!

haha! thank you Kap'n! i'm sure i will, I liked the Steven Wilson Grace for Drowning blu ray, so we shall see.

In all honesty i only got it today because it was sitting there all sealed and looking a bit sorry for itself on the store shelf.. and at £12 I thought what the 'eck.. Ker-ching :D

Don't have the 1st two, but the Queen and the EJ are EXEMPLARY MCH mixes!
Congrats and enjoy!

the mix on the Steve Miller is really nice, Kap'n! how comes you haven't got it yet?

the Edsel reissue is cheap and easy to get. it is only Dolby D regrettably but it is still an enjoyable listen.. and as its taken from the multitrack masters rather than the quad masters (like the DTS CD) the fidelity, despite its DD shortcomings, still sounds better than the DTS from quad, to my cloth ears at any rate!

the mix on the Steve Miller is really nice, Kap'n! how comes you haven't got it yet?

the Edsel reissue is cheap and easy to get. it is only Dolby D regrettably but it is still an enjoyable listen.. and as its taken from the multitrack masters rather than the quad masters (like the DTS CD) the fidelity, despite its DD shortcomings, still sounds better than the DTS from quad, to my cloth ears at any rate!

well, the usual reason...
MONEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back