What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We Love Everybody, You're Next - Yellow Note (DualDisc)

I'm not sure if DVDA at this point, I'll give it a try later.

i found a bunch of DualDisc at Zellers, under 3 bucks each, a few month ago. there were this disc too and
indeed it's DVDA on DVD side. it's 48/24 and not sure how much you like the music for the legs but surround
mix was done in very aggressive manner.

It is dvd-audio surround only.

thanks :) it certainly is DVD-A! 5.1 MLP Advanced Res .. and all for only £2!

for an act I've never heard of and know nothing about, on first listen I rather like it!

funky electro synth pop and chillout type stuff.. with a rather nice active surround mix! the rears are working overtime on this one!

is there a QQ Hi-Rez Poll? this deserves one, it's excellent and another kinda "hidden gem"!

I've only ever seen it mentioned once in passing on the Steve Hoffman forums.. I forgot all about it and then stumbled upon it on Amazon UK last week, turned up today, like new (it's a UPC punch out job) for £2! Woo!

i found a bunch of DualDisc at Zellers, under 3 bucks each, a few month ago. there were this disc too and
indeed it's DVDA on DVD side. it's 48/24 and not sure how much you like the music for the legs but surround
mix was done in very aggressive manner.

wow! You got it even cheaper than I did Otto! nice one! :)

it's a pretty cool find all round!

I'll PM Jon now to ask if he can create a new Hi-Rez Poll for this, it needs some QQ awareness, it's a lot of (cheap!) fun!

Patrick Leonard - Rivers (DTS-CD)

Todays delivery from Far Side Music UK
Dozan Fujiwara / Isao Tomita - Kyo (SACD)
Isao Tomita - Planet Zero (SACD 4.0 Channels)

Markus

The Nick Cave releases are DTS 5.1, DD 5.1 and LPCM 2.0, no MLP. Depending where you bought, they are quite good value, as the DVDs include all original + bonus tracks (all remastered), music videos, and documentary video. Hope you are happy with your purchase!

From Her to Eternity,
Your Funeral.. My Trial,
Murder Ballads..

.."Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds" CD/DVD sets.

are these DVD-Audio or DTS?

I don't know a thing about these.. but they were cheap.. so..

The Nick Cave releases are DTS 5.1, DD 5.1 and LPCM 2.0, no MLP. Depending where you bought, they are quite good value, as the DVDs include all original + bonus tracks (all remastered), music videos, and documentary video. Hope you are happy with your purchase!

I didn't know the Nick Cave's had 2.0 LPCM, what's the sampling rate?

Genesis - Abacab SACD+ADVD
Genesis - Invisible Touch SACD+ADVD
Genesis - We Can't Dance SACD+ADVD
Genesis - Wind And Wuthering SACD+ADVD
Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail SACD+ADVD

Jane Monheit - Never Never Land DualDisc
added this one with purchase of Genesis - Genesis (1983) SACD/ADVD
to get free shipping. well, turned out seller charged my credit card but
never dispatched set. so amazon sent this one and after almost 2 month
just did refund of my money. shit happens

Lynyrd Skynyrd DVDA should be somewhere on the way.
perhaps will have it next week.

It Had To Be You: The Great American Songbook - Rod Stewart (DVD Audio).

Finally came up (on ebay.de) cheaply enough to justify getting (£13).
I love Rod but not this schlock, though I'll give it a chance to see if I can stomach it in surround sound..!!

It Had To Be You: The Great American Songbook - Rod Stewart (DVD Audio).

I love Rod but not this schlock, ..!!

Amen to that brother! He used to be a rock and roller. Sigh.

My latest additions are the first four Black Sabbath albums on 2-channel SHM SACD.
I haven't played them all yet, but so far I like what I have heard.

Last edited:
My latest additions are the first four Black Sabbath albums on 2-channel SHM SACD.
I haven't played them all yet, but so far I like what I have heard.
Excellent choices. I recently obtained the first one. I still need some more. Need a better job. Working on that.

One of the MFSL Dylan SACDs is out now. I'm waiting for the usual Labor Day sale to buy it and other stuff.

Latest DVD-A: Lynyrd Skynyrd Southern Surroundings. I'm sure a lot of people have added this one recently to their colleection.

A_L

4 SACDs from MFSL in the post today...

Billy Joel:

The Stranger
52nd Street
Glass Houses
The Nylon Curtain

Stereo only, of course, but "Nylon" sounds amazing, for starters. Hope to get to the others tomorrow.

I have the two Sony SACDs for multichannel but was hearing such great things about these stereo versions I thought it was worth a punt.

Could you please A/B you Columbia and Mofi copies of the Stranger and 52nd and post your findings here?

4 SACDs from MFSL in the post today...

Billy Joel:

The Stranger
52nd Street
Glass Houses
The Nylon Curtain

Stereo only, of course, but "Nylon" sounds amazing, for starters. Hope to get to the others tomorrow.

I have the two Sony SACDs for multichannel but was hearing such great things about these stereo versions I thought it was worth a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back