What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last MCH SACD I bought was
Xandria - Ravenheart
Did not see any mention of MCH anywhere, so took a chance.
It is a legit multichannel mix.
There is a DVD-Audio advertised but it actually DVD with Dolby Digital 5.1 + 2 videos. Video content is still photos while music is playing.

vinylguy4

last 2 DVD-A's

Porcupine Tree

Lightbulb Sun & Stupid Dream

..and I believe this is my first post.

Congrats, beetle! Welcome aboard the board!

My last 5 SACDs:
Ritchie Valens Greatest Hits [AF]
Love is the Thing - Nat "King" Cole [AP]
The Very Thought of You - Nat "King" [AP]
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis [AP]
Seven Steps to Heaven - Miles Davis [AP]

I got really lucky yesterday and found both Eric Johnson's Ah Via Musicom on DVDA and Carmina Burana on DVDA for $20.00 total :)

I can't believe it, after about 5 years of trying, searching, begging, I finally found Ah Via Musicom :)

Good job, Gabe!!!

Was it just sittin' there in the bins? New or used? Fill us in.

Good job, Gabe!!!

Was it just sittin' there in the bins? New or used? Fill us in.

Believe it or not, it was at an FYE store (the only Eric Johnson item they had in his tagged section) and though the case was banged up a bit, the disc and inserts are absolutely mint :) The best part was when I went to the register, it rung up as $79.99 and the guy laughed saying this was a common problem...though I'm not sure I would have paid the $79.99, I did have to snicker a bit when he changed the price to the price on the sticker (a mere $15.99).

SACD in the last two months

Peter Tosh-Legalize It
Depeche Mode-Playing the Angel
Genesis-The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (Japanese Mini LP)
Ambra-Honour & Glory
Ambra-Child of the Universe
Groove Armada-Vertigo
Billy Joel-52nd Street (Japanese stereo+5.1)
Art Of Noise-Daft (awaiting delivery)

DVD-Audio

R. Kelly-Chocolate Factory
Toy Matinee-Toy Matinee (DVD-Audio version not DTS version)
Crowded House-Crowded House (Awaiting delivery)

That brings my SACD total amount of discs to 31 and DVD-Audio to 44 not counting the two disc sets of the first six talking heads albums(not dual disc) Donald Fagen-Morph the Cat, Seal 1,2 and Greatest hits. The 1 dual disc I have is Dire Straights Brothers in Arms.

DVD-A RED and ITCOTCK in a store (HMV) 6 months ago
SACD WOTEN Cowboy Junkies Amazon.com last week

Just ordered two more Depeche Mode SACDs in Amazon and I'll hopefully picking up a few more tomorrow locally. It seems I'll have a chance to get the complete series, woah :banana:

Last month it was dts dvd-a Joe Bonamassa Live From Royal Albert Hall

Nice coincidence, hadn't heard the guy but I stumbled over a CD last week. Is it a real DVD-A with uncompressed surround?

Got hold of "Songs of Faith & Devotions" and "Playing the Angel" today in a department store. Strange that Amazon UK have these at collector's price and unavailable, respectively. Are they really so rare?

Yes they are very rare, almost as rare as Violator.
Don't know why they pressed so few. The North American versions are still in stock in most places with the dts 24/96 versions, but I think the SACD's are notably superior.

Got a bunch of used ones from FYE for $5.99 each. Billy Joel Stranger, Mariah Carey #1s (not for me), Sopranos, and for a couple bucks more Aerosmith Oyeah (still under $10).

Foghat - Fool For the City, MoFi SACD
Flaming Lips - Embryonic Ltd. Ed., I know...it's not DVD-A but at least it's 24/96 LPCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back