What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
afaik the DVD-A has videos that aren't on the BD, I haven't had a chance to check it out for myself as it only arrived today but that's what I've heard is the difference. I've wanted to get it for years anyway and as things have gone a bit quiet lately I went for it.

afaik the DVD-A has videos that aren't on the BD, I haven't had a chance to check it out for myself as it only arrived today but that's what I've heard is the difference. I've wanted to get it for years anyway and as things have gone a bit quiet lately I went for it.

The "Lost Cause" video is pretty cool. It woulda been nice to have them on the Blu-ray (even if only the lo-rez MPEG2 video), but with hi-rez audio...

No chance of that on a "Pure Audio" disc though....

Grancia - Peter Primamore (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD) (*)
Holst: The Planets - André Previn, LSO (DVD-Audio),
Walton: Balshazzar's Feast - André Previn, LSO, London Symphony Chorus (DVD-Audio).

(* Thanks to LizardKing for the SACD, also very excited to hear the Quad mixes on the two EMI Classical DVD-A's) :)

Shopping around Birmingham, AL, I stop off at an FYE, and I actually found a used copy of the "Toy Matinee" DVD-A there!
You can imagine my excitement when I found it (heck I would have thought it was cool just to find the CD)
The booklet and case were not in the best shape, but the disc plays just fine, and I'm happy to have found it.
Plus I also found a used DVD-A copy of "So Much for the City" by The Thrills. I have never heard this music (or the mix for that matter), but I decided to buy it so I will take a listen to it very soon.
Last but not least, I bought a dual disc copy of "Automatic for the People" for the Acura car. :)

A good day overall! :)

Shopping around Birmingham, AL, I stop off at an FYE, and I actually found a used copy of the "Toy Matinee" DVD-A there!
Every once in a while I give that one a spin and it always sounds as great as ever. That disc is in a class of its own. Every song is different and extremely well produced. The fidelity is crystal-clear and the mix of each song is a joy to listen to. Even the lyrics are fascinating.

That's a way bigger score than Toy Matinee! I've never even seen that disk in real life. Just pictures on the web.

Well, yes and no. It wasn't as much of a big deal for me simply because I have the CD/DVD-A version which I prefer compared to a "Dualdisc", however it was still cool to find it.

Ravel: Bolero, Daphnis et Chloé, La Valse - Martinon (DVD-Audio).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00005B8A3?

Pretty sure it's the last of the EMI Quad>DVD-A Classical discs on my to get list (others I know of are Holst:planets - Previn, Walton:Balshazzar's Feast - Previn, Bach:Magnificat - Cleobury).

Do any of you guys know if anymore of these Quad mixes were released on EMI DVD-A back in the day?

Picked up a Crow SACD today for under $10. Not a scratch or fingerprint on it, but the artwork was cut up to fit into a standard case. Top and bottom labels missing. I put it in a correct case so it looks a bit better.

Attachments

• crow_deal.jpg
    crow_deal.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back