What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo Markus, thanks for the info!

My dualdisc copy (US) has full-blooded 96/24 MLP content in Audio and DD @ 48 in Video folder. However, the 48/24 LPCM stereo track is accessible from both sections, as well as the extras are. Overall, this case is apparently very similar to the one with the Simple Plan album Still Not Getting Any...

Hm, I really might consider getting the two-disc version, too, just like I did with the Talking Heads discography as this is pretty decent album and mix (by Jimmy Douglass: Missy Elliott - Miss E... So Addictive DVD-A, Marvin Gaye - Midnight Love SACD).

The two disc version has also 96/24 MLP. Seems to be the same but on two disc. Jewel case is standard two disc jewel. The next best offer at Amazon.de starts at ~EUR 8 plus shipping. I saw that you can get some copies of the dualdisc edition for 0.01 USD at amazon.com. What I heard so far is worth the money in any way. Let me know. I can order you a two disc edition and we trade. PM me if interested.

Markus

After a long wait...R.E.M. - Document DVD Audio...

Now if I can get Nektar - Remember the future SACD & Mostly Autumn Passengers SACD...

Just delivered to my doorstep by the Correos mail lady:
PT DVD-A double shot:

-Fear of a Blank Planet (Alex Lifeson and Robert Fripp??? bonus!)
-The Incident

(10 GBP each is a great price!)

yeah , yeah , I know...what can I say??? I'm beginning to "get" PT now...took me several years....

decisions, decisions...which one should go in first?

Boz Scaggs "Dig" cd/dvd-audio 2 disc set. I do not like how the discs are in sleeves so I took them out and put them in a dvd-audio flip tray case. It was difficult getting them out of the sleeves in the booklet.

Last edited:
A rarely discussed title and one I haven't seen often (when these things were new.) One of the best. Payday and Call That love are among his best ever tracks. Horns by Roy Hargrove are stellar, as well. Good mix. A 10 for sure!

Boz Scaggs "Dig" cd/dvd-audio 2 disc set. I do not like how the dscs are in sleves so I took them out and put them in a dvd-audio flip tray case. It was difficult getting them out of the sleeves in the booklet.

Hector Berlioz: Requiem "Grande Messe des Morts", London Symphony Orchestra and Chorus, Sir Colin Davis, Pentatone, SACD, RQR quadrophonic release, 2008.
recorded in Westminster Cathedral, London, Nov. 1969.

After a long wait...R.E.M. - Document DVD Audio...

Now if I can get Nektar - Remember the future SACD & Mostly Autumn Passengers SACD...

I snagged a copy of the Remember the Future SACD on Amazon UK a few months back (after searching for years!) for only £35 (around $56) the other available copy on there at the time was £120 (roughly $190..!) Phew!

crikey! I just checked Amazon US for that James Taylor "Flag" SACD.. a seller wants $188.85 for it..!!
feel quite chuffed getting it for $29 earlier today..!!

and dont forget the mix is by Elliot Scheiner

really?! did not know that! another disc i'll have to hunt down now! thanks for the tip!

Elliot Scheiner really is a surround legend isn't he!? I can't think of one 5.1 mix of his that disappoints. (maybe one or two tracks on his Layla mix I prefer on the first SACD instead but off the top of my head that's about it..!!)

Boz Scaggs "Dig" cd/dvd-audio 2 disc set. I do not like how the dscs are in sleves so I took them out and put them in a dvd-audio flip tray case. It was difficult getting them out of the sleeves in the booklet.

That's why I bought my copy from Amazon UK a couple of years back.
It came packaged in a standard 2 CD jewel box.

Grant Gessman Quartet form AIX managed to get a new one and sealed for $8 plus postage, yet to listen though new job and all just have not had the time

I snagged a copy of the Remember the Future SACD on Amazon UK a few months back (after searching for years!) for only £35 (around $56) the other available copy on there at the time was £120 (roughly $190..!) Phew!

Tricky thing about that SACD is there is also a redbook edition with same upc. So unless the listing says so, chances are it is the redbook edition. Definitely the most wanted surround disc for me at this point. There are very few remaining in the wish list so I started collecting blu ray movies/concerts now...:)

Haven't actually received it yet but purchased Leonard Slatkin ~ Gershwin: An American in Paris: Catfish Row; Promenade; etc. [Hybrid SACD] from Secondspin.com. How is this in surround?

Bluestraveler - Truth To Be Told (DVD-A)

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes (BluRay)
A pity, the bonus coming with the deluxe edition to download the lossless FLACs is not available anymore. Website just says: "We’re sorry but this promotion has now expired". The voucher is from 2010, so it is that old :-(

Markus

Tricky thing about that SACD is there is also a redbook edition with same upc. So unless the listing says so, chances are it is the redbook edition. Definitely the most wanted surround disc for me at this point. There are very few remaining in the wish list so I started collecting blu ray movies/concerts now...:)

Tell me about it! I was dreading the CD turning up, especially as it was the lowest price I'd seen it in years of searching.

With other ambiguous discs that have shared UPCs, like the Sam Cooke at the Copa SACD, I made totally sure it was the surround version by buying from a 5.1 only seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back