What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a format that EVERYBODY can play.

Actually, that statement is only true in 16/44.1
A much more universal format - moreover one that is cheaper to replicate - is the CD/DVD double pack. This allows the 500,000,000 plus DVD player owners to access content - plus any DVD-A capable owners of course whereas SACD requires an SACD player.
DVD-A/V only requires a DVD player.

Neil, I think you misunderstood my sarcasm. I meant that EVERYBODY can play the CD layer. Obviously, that does nothing for the advanced res 2ch and 5.1 information on a hybrid SACD if one doesn't have a SACD player.

Actually, that statement is only true in 16/44.1
A much more universal format - moreover one that is cheaper to replicate - is the CD/DVD double pack. This allows the 500,000,000 plus DVD player owners to access content - plus any DVD-A capable owners of course whereas SACD requires an SACD player.
DVD-A/V only requires a DVD player.

Just had this delivered from a kindly eBay retailer and....

Mind. Blown.

Just WOW.

31918_10151573832390499_453304243_n.jpg

I thought I knew this album intimately. Clearly not. We're busy getting intimately reacquainted as we speak ;)

Live At The Grand Opera House - Mostly Autumn (Hybrid M/C SACD),
Warriors Of The World - Manowar (Hybrid M/C SACD).

(YEAY! I finally got the Manowar!)

:banana:
Pretty quick!!! Considering I ordered it after Fredblue's post :rolleyes:
Mostly Autumn - At The Grand Opera House - SACD 5.1

When Lights Are Low - Claire Martin & Richard Rodney Bennett (Linn Hybrid M/C SACD),
Desire - Bob Dylan (Hybrid SACD),
Here's To Life - Shirley Horn (Hybrid M/C SACD),
Electric Warrior - T-Rex (Hybrid M/C SACD),
Nommo - Slovvo (Hybrid M/C SACD).

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream - SACD (Yes - I know its only 2CH) - but it makes an excellent case for my Mojave Productions SACD version :D

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream - SACD (Yes - I know its only 2CH) - but it makes an excellent case for my Mojave Productions SACD version :D
Maybe just the way you wrote the sentence above, and you already know this, but there is a 5.1 version of New Gold Dream.

Maybe just the way you wrote the sentence above, and you already know this, but there is a 5.1 version of New Gold Dream.

I've got the New Gold Dream DVDA and while the 5.1 mix is nice enough and I would recommend getting it (if you can find it reasonably now) I still prefer the music (and the sound quality) of Once Upon A Time.

Stick Men Deep Though I think its only DTS DVD and 96/24 stereo , not had a chance to listen or stick it in the player to confirm yet.

Anyone want to mention where this is sold, and maybe the UPC number. I checked all the usual places and found only CDs listed.

I know it's only a DTS/DD disc, but this just landed on my doormat and is filling me with joy and covering me with goosebumps...

522757_10151579431465499_1544985762_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back