What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary thought! Scary that stores might be flogging of faulty stock and scary that you have discs still sealed, years after purchase!! :mad:@:

I completed my R.E.M. 5.1 CD/DVD-A collection a little while back (apart from the 'Document' DVD-A) and they were all fine. I think only one of them was a sealed copy but that was all ok. Hopefully, yours is a 'one off'.

not that scary, the resellers now are probably oblivious that they're faulty! they're probably just glad to have a load of "new" stock of something that was all sold out not long ago!

I've got all sorts of stuff sealed not just CDs! video games, DVDs, I'm such a voracious shopper (*) and hoarder (!) there's never enough time to open and play around with everything! that and stuff I'm less enthusiastic about but still like normally works its way quite naturally to the bottom of the pile.

(* case in point: several years ago a local video store was closing down, so I went back a few times hoovering up as many things as I could.. the last receipt was for over £800.. and the majority of those are still sealed in their original shrinkwrap or whatever in the back of a cupboard round here somewhere.. it is a bit mad but I'm sure I'll get around to playing them all one day..you're a long time retired so with any luck I'll have enough time! if not, I'll just bin 'em, it's only money - I've got no kids and you can't take it with you so they say!).

That thought crossed my mind ! I don't know how you can keep them sealed ??.....BUT DON'T UNWRAP THEM !!! Just imagine being on The Antiques Roadshow, many years from now !! ??

mostly because I buy too much stuff to open it all and enjoy it when I get it, so it stays in plastic! sometimes for a good few years, as you can see!

admittedly for other rare/OOP things like sealed SACDs I kind of sit on them for a while (not literally! ouch! crack!) and then (normally when I've had a few beers and suddenly having a super rare super audio super sealed super duper cd doesn't seem like such a big deal in the scheme of things!) I open them up! oops... :eek:

Well, it's a Dual Disc , but the DVD side has the MLP mix, so it's DVD-A...
Styx-Cyclorama...looking forward to listening to it!

:smokin

The postie brought me a pretty eclectic mix today:

Shostakovich - Symphony No 5, Mstislav Rostropovich and the London Symphony Orchestra, Multi-Channel hybrid SACD
Talking heads - Remain in Light CD+DVD
Roger Waters - Ça ira 2*SACD+DVD

Last edited:
Ravenheart - Xandria (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD),
Wrapped In A Dream - Spyro Gyra (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD),
Chicken 'N' Beer - Ludacris (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD).

This little package just landed on my door mat...

936673_10151692991515499_174162068_n.jpg

CD/DVD-A and bonus instrumental CD :D

Was down in Seattle this past weekend and one of my buys the was the new Steve Earle disc The Low Highway.
The deluxe version includes a DVD-V with the album in 24/96

This would be my first copy of this particular MB effort, though I've loved the music for years. Not sure why it took me so long to get it. Looking forward to it...I've had Days of Future Past for several years now, and really enjoy that in surround.

That may be the best sounding version. I've owned an LP, Q8, CD, DTS CD and SACD of it.

Isn't Life Strange?

Side two sounds even weirder when played at 15 IPS with the pitch control turned up all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back