What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
REM - New Adventures In Hi - Fi ( New & sealed )
REM - Automatic For The People ( Used )

is the AFTP in digipack with CD or the standalone DVDA version in oversized super jewel case?
the CD/DVDA digipack is harder to find used nowadays and often fetches a pretty penny so if you got that one cheap, well done you!!

is the AFTP in digipack with CD or the standalone DVDA version in oversized super jewel case?
the CD/DVDA digipack is harder to find used nowadays and often fetches a pretty penny so if you got that one cheap, well done you!!

It's the digipack, Adam. That's what caught my eye. I want to try & buy all digipack if possible ? Was £19.99 + postage.

( Hope these REM discs will play ok ! ?? Out Of Time, disc jumped again, can't get a replacement, because what's on Amazon now, is with an indepandant seller.....might have to stick with it, rather than end up with no copy at all !! )

Last edited:
It's the digipack, Adam. That's what caught my eye. I want to try & buy all digipack if possible ? Was £17.99 + postage.

( Hope these REM discs will play ok ! ?? Out Of Time, disc jumped again, can't get a replacement, because what's on Amazon now, is with an indepandant seller.....might have to stick with it, rather than end up with no copy at all !! )

Took me a while to find AFTP on CD/DVD-A but got one in the end. Look out for the glitch at the start of 'Try Not To Breathe'. Don't panic, it's not a faulty disc but something that occurred in production :)

As for Out of Time, try here...

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/577...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

One new for £22.99 and a used copy for £11.99.

I just got a copy of Talking Heads' epic "Stop Making Sense" blu-ray concert, ripped to dvd-audio. It sounds spectacular in the studio surround mix. Just unbelieveable quality! Those of you on the fence about having dvd-audio had better do something fast because I believe the support from car manufacturers is on its last leg.

Took me a while to find AFTP on CD/DVD-A but got one in the end. Look out for the glitch at the start of 'Try Not To Breathe'. Don't panic, it's not a faulty disc but something that occurred in production :)

As for Out of Time, try here...

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/577...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

One new for £22.99 and a used copy for £11.99.

Thank you for that, Rob. I would have been in another panic ! Not tried it out yet. The one thing is, that the Out Of Time disc will play through without problems, rather than skipping everytime, so might just hang on to it for now ? ( It is annoying though ! )

Good To Go-Go - Spyro Gyra (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD).

Kinda fitting that the last Spyro Gyra I needed to complete the set was the last 5.1 SACD of their albums released.

For anyone on the fence about these Spyro Gyra discs (or who doesn't yet know of their existence) they are uniformly excellent surround mixes, with incredible fidelity.

The music itself is more variable (or some might say varied! depending on how you look at it/if this kind of music is "your thang"..) but there's a lot of very accomplished funky jazzy licks in just about every tune, there's some accomplished musicians and these SACDs are all still cheap & easy to get.. so I've been hoovering them all up while that's still the case, as I think you can safely say these Heads Up releases won't see reissue on any format again and they have some absolutely top notch showcase surround on them, which for us lot kinda makes them unmissable in my book.

Kinda fitting that the last Spyro Gyra I needed to complete the set was the last 5.1 SACD of their albums released.

For anyone on the fence about these Spyro Gyra discs (or who doesn't yet know of their existence) they are uniformly excellent surround mixes, with incredible fidelity.

The music itself is more variable (or some might say varied! depending on how you look at it/if this kind of music is "your thang"..) but there's a lot of very accomplished funky jazzy licks in just about every tune, there's some accomplished musicians and these SACDs are all still cheap & easy to get.. so I've been hoovering them all up while that's still the case, as I think you can safely say these Heads Up releases won't see reissue on any format again and they have some absolutely top notch showcase surround on them, which for us lot kinda makes them unmissable in my book.

Where are you buying these from and how much are you paying, if you don't mind me asking? :)

the surround on this one is upto their usual high standards.. bongo's a-Go-Go would have been a better title for the album! there's heaps of percussion, twiddly bits and sparkly bits going on in the rear channels! woo! love it!

it's :banana: time..! :p

"Jam Up" (Track 3) ..vocals ping-ponging around all the channels, front right, front left, rear left, front right again.. and again..!!

OH YES! it's like the good old quad days!!

demo-worthy.

I first heard Mana-Suenos Liquidos on a beach in Cancun. Now whenever I want to go back I put this disc in, lay back and close my eyes, and I'm there. I think it is a wonderful disc, well recorded and an excellent mix.

Two more excellent discs arrived today...

197762_10151696810360499_2119358441_n.jpg

400609_10151696809200499_1600706187_n.jpg

Finally got a legit copy of The Nightfly by Donald Fagan off Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back