What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stash for the day:
Photo0061 (600 x 450).jpg
Julieta Venegas Limon y Sal - DualDisc - Dolby Digital (Not bad for Dullby)- & thanks for bringing this to my attention Kap!!!
Roxy Music - Avalon - SACD (2nd copy)
George Harrison - Live In Japan - 2xSACD
Halfor Medboe Group - In Perpetuity - SACD
Mongo Santamaria - Live at Jazz Alley - SACD
Rockin' The Spirit Piano Blues, Boogie & Spirituals - SACD

:banana:

Time for a Corona (con Limon)

My stash for the day:
View attachment 10563
Julieta Venegas Limon y Sal - DualDisc - Dolby Digital (Not bad for Dullby)- & thanks for bringing this to my attention Kap!!!
Roxy Music - Avalon - SACD (2nd copy)
George Harrison - Live In Japan - 2xSACD
Halfor Medboe Group - In Perpetuity - SACD
Mongo Santamaria - Live at Jazz Alley - SACD
Rockin' The Spirit Piano Blues, Boogie & Spirituals - SACD

:banana:

Time for a Corona (con Limon)

what an eclectic mix! with a Latin tinge! the Corona couldn't be more appropriate! (mostly to celebrate that 2nd Avalon!)

:friday:

fredblue was right, this is REALLY good... Just landed, and only £7.99 new and sealed!

View attachment 10566

ah well, shucks.. :eek: can't win 'em all but for the money this is a complete no-brainer!

the mix is excellent and the music speaks for itself.

I just wish Motown had at least done a few similar surround compilations beefore UMG pulled the plug on their SACD stuff... Boo! :(

Can you inagine Quiet Storm Smokey in Surround!? Or any of Diana's 70's solo stuff (maybe upto the "Chic" album - the first CD pressing of which decodes amazingly in PLII Music + Panorama btw!)..
and how about Stevie.. anything by him in Surround! I realise the multitracks are an issue but did anybody at UMG even approach him {with a tasty wad of cash} and a plan to respect his work while remixing it in surround? i doubt it!

you just reminded me, I bought this Marvin Collection SACD as part of a birthday present for my one and only Brit offline surround music friend, he's a big Motown fan and collector too so it seemed to cover all bases! I think he was pretty happy with it :)

Queen - A Night At The Opera ( DVD-A )
Snow Patrol - Final Straw ( SACD ) The case is diabolical ! ( from zoverstocks ?? £12 Thankfully, just happen to have a replacement case. )

Only played mine a couple of times....need to give it another spin !

:yikes there was a time I never had it off! (The Marvin Collection SACD I mean!) HA! :p

seriously (I'm boring myself with the jokes now! god knows what you lot must think!) it's great in surround!
you should play it a lot! (Notice I resisted the urge to go for the cheap shot!) :D

Queen - A Night At The Opera ( DVD-A )
Snow Patrol - Final Straw ( SACD ) The case is diabolical ! ( from zoverstocks ?? £12 Thankfully, just happen to have a replacement case. )

Queen's in the usual DVD-A stylee super jewel case? the DTS DVD-V digipack is horrible! :eek:

oh no.. ! :( I've had some great stuff from zoverstocks! what was the description of Snow P in their listing?

:yikes there was a time I never had it off! (The Marvin Collection SACD I mean!) HA! :p

seriously (I'm boring myself with the jokes now! god knows what you lot must think!) it's great in surround!
you should play it a lot! (Notice I resisted the urge to go for the cheap shot!) :D

What are we going to do with you !! ?? ;)

Queen's in the usual DVD-A stylee super jewel case? the DTS DVD-V digipack is horrible! :eek:

oh no.. ! :( I've had some great stuff from zoverstocks! what was the description of Snow P in their listing?

It's the super jewel case ( I already have the 30th Anniversary edition ) Got it for £18 + postage. Case, in great nick, just giving it a spin.
I think it was zoverstocks, would need to check my Amazon account....I get confused with the "stocks" !
Description : Very good....HARDLY !!!

It's the super jewel case ( I already have the 30th Anniversary edition ) Got it for £18 + postage. Case, in great nick, just giving it a spin.
I think it was zoverstocks, would need to check my Amazon account....I get confused with the "stocks" !
Description : Very good....HARDLY !!!

that's a good price for the older DVD-A! I paid more than that when I got it new on import 10 years ago! :yikes
with inflation, mine probably cost me £4,630 now! ;)

could be zover!? maybe it was a Friday night when they were stocktaking and pricing up and the guys just wanted to go to home (or down the pub!)..!?

- "How much you reckon for this CD mate?"..
- "12 quid sound good."..
- "good, ok ta mate, it looks alright i'll put it on Amazon at '12 quid very good'..! lets lock up and bugger off home! See you Monday!"

Bazinga! :p

who can say!? :D

If I sell it next week.....I can afford those speakers ! ( and have some change ! :smokin )

nobody'll pay you what it's worth! look at that poor bastard who was trying to sell the Frankie SACD on eBay recently - for weeks on end he was having to relist it, no bugger was biting!

..went from a ton plus, down to 90, 80, then I guess they had to (reluctantly for them?) auction it, where it went for 'only' £60.. seeing as it sold a couple of weeks before that for £100+ and that was used and his was sealed he must have been really pissed off.

"caveat emptor" they say (buyer beware) but I spare a thought for sellers too! it's a minefield with these OOP SACDs and stuff.. one week Toto IV can go for megabucks, the next day 20 quid! I know for a fact this is how it can go because I've been that person who's bought Toto for £40 (in desperation!) and then found another one in just as nice condition for £20 only a week(ish) later!

So I'd say hang onto your Queen, Rob and get as much enjoyment out of it as you can! (it's a good'un! another Elliot Scheiner mix, though a bit futzed with by BM. that's Brian May, not Bass Management!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back