What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Everybody play the gaaaaaaaaaaaame of love..!!"

I've had that DVD-A 10 years (since it came out basically) and it is still a demo disc (everybody loves Queen and most of the albums more accessible than ANATO).. the surround mix is incredible! I tend to forget about it and not play it much for my own pleasure these days, which is a shame.. but you must get it Rob, it's superb (and you can still find it for ok money if you go fishing and sit tight!).

on those songs where Freddie's voice has been mixed hard into the centre (not every track is mixed in that way on The Game DVD-A) try my favourite little game of turning everything off except the centre channel, turn up the wick, sit back and be prepared for your jaw to hit the floor when you hear his isolated vocals --- WOW!!!

Yup, definitely on the list. I just ordered the Better Than Ezra disc. Hawkwind next, I think. Need to back off a bit this month LOL ;)

Yup, definitely on the list. I just ordered the Better Than Ezra disc. Hawkwind next, I think. Need to back off a bit this month LOL ;)

I'm looking forward to BTE & Hawkwind! :)

Good to be prudent! Plus you've got to keep 20 quid aside for the next Frankie SACD that comes up on fleabay! ;)

.. tho' I refuse to keep £1,600 aside for the next Scorpions SACD that comes up! I don't care how rare it is!! :p

Something different:
2136rev1.jpg

The Trumpets that Time Forgot - Freeman-Attwood/Wallace/Carey - MCH SACD

You're really going to buy that? Even if I had money to burn I'd pass on that one.

You're really going to buy that? Even if I had money to burn I'd pass on that one.

well I ain't got a trumpet of my own to blow, so I figure I'll let these fruitcakes do it for me! ;)

edit: have you seen some of the shit I've been buying lately? that German-only "Off Space" DVD-Audio was really scraping the bottom of a totally empty barrel.. total garbage.. but "something different" from the usual 'Classic Rock' to mix things up for five minutes before it goes to the bottom of the pile.. and if its only a few quid I could spend that on a bag of doughnuts and get a similar amount of v.short-lived "enjoyment" but look at the weight I'd gain..!!

Just got this:
IMG_0672 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_0673 (600 x 450).jpg

Anyone else got it yet?

I suppose you guys & gal(s) in the middle of nowhere are still waiting :D...

:banana:

Just got this:
View attachment 10663
View attachment 10664

Anyone else got it yet?

I suppose you guys & gal(s) in the middle of nowhere are still waiting :D...

:banana:

oooh a cute little box! :eek: That'll last 5 minutes in most casual people's collections before being destroyed! :p

no, us country bumpkins in old London Town haven't received ours yet.. ;)

Reveal - R.E.M. (DVD-Audio)

The first standalone release in jewel case, not the later CD+DVD digipack.

Pretty sure that's everything by R.E.M. in surround in every configuration now :)

Reveal - R.E.M. (DVD-Audio)

The first standalone release in jewel case, not the later CD+DVD digipack.

Pretty sure that's everything by R.E.M. in surround in every configuration now :)

I could have bought " Document " on ebay last week, to complete my REM collection, kind of wish I had now. :(
Considering I didn't have a REM album a month or so ago, that's not too bad !

Do you have all the collection in jewel case too, Adam ?

I could have bought " Document " on ebay last week, to complete my REM collection, kind of wish I had now. :(
Considering I didn't have a REM album a month or so ago, that's not too bad !

Do you have all the collection in jewel case too, Adam ?

Oh God.. I don't have Document! (I don't really want it.. I just need it!) :mad:@:

a quick flick thru, I've 10 R.E.M. DVD-A's in all.. 7 in digipack (Green, Out Of Time, Monster, NAiHF, Up, Reveal, Around The Sun) and 3 in jewels (In Time, Reveal, AFTP).

Oh God.. I don't have Document! (I don't really want it.. I just need it!) :mad:@:

a quick flick thru, I've 10 R.E.M. DVD-A's in all.. 7 in digipack (Green, Out Of Time, Monster, NAiHF, Up, Reveal, Around The Sun) and 3 in jewels (In Time, Reveal, AFTP).

That's the way I felt. Couldn't decide if I should spend $60 on it ? ( which seemed a good price, for condition e.t.c......anyway, too late now ! )

Its not my fave R.E.M. But It rounds off my collection quite nicely...:phones

I have all the jewel case versions too...

Hey All,

Recently picked up the "A Wonderful World" disc. I listened to the entire disc with just the center channel and rears. Interestingly, there is no vocal in the center channel, although the front channels tend to image the vocals in the center. The three channels mostly carry orchestration and saxophone, both of which can also be heard in the fronts when connected. So while it is not a reverb only mix, the surround effect is subtle and not isolated discrete elements. It's a nice disc if you like this style of vocal performance. The voices blend well. But not a spectacular discrete surround sound experience.

FYI for those who have been curious about this disc!

Ken

Tony Bennett & k.d. lang - Wonderful World - single layer Stereo/Mulitchannel SACD - found it today at FYE for $7.99 used (actually new - drilled "promo") - Lovely music and performances - strictly ambience in the rears mix.

Hey All,

Recently picked up the "A Wonderful World" disc. I listened to the entire disc with just the center channel and rears. Interestingly, there is no vocal in the center channel, although the front channels tend to image the vocals in the center. The three channels mostly carry orchestration and saxophone, both of which can also be heard in the fronts when connected. So while it is not a reverb only mix, the surround effect is subtle and not isolated discrete elements. It's a nice disc if you like this style of vocal performance. The voices blend well. But not a spectacular discrete surround sound experience.

FYI for those who have been curious about this disc!

Ken

Thanks for the neat info Ken (y)

I've had it on back order with Amazon for a hundred years.. and everytime it comes up on eBay I get sniped at the last min.. destined never to own it! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back