What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GYBR on both SACD and DVD-A(which kicks the SACD's butt-besides I also got it for a normal price on amaz+n US recently) .

Is this the prevailing opinion with GYBR?
I would have thought if both use the same mix the medium shouldn't affect the end result.

I have the SACD, it was very cheap at the time from the record club (whose name escapes me), but I will admit it's a bit bright.

The only one I don't have is Peachtree Street and the only ones I've opened and played are Captain Fantastic and the SHM SACD of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Peachtree Street isn't quite as memorable as the other Surround SACDs from Elton in my view.

Is this the prevailing opinion with GYBR?
I would have thought if both use the same mix the medium shouldn't affect the end result.

I have the SACD, it was very cheap at the time from the record club (whose name escapes me), but I will admit it's a bit bright.

Well, since they come from the same mix and master tape, I think it's doubtful that there is a big difference between the two.

To save you a little head scratching time with Travelling Miles... the Right Front and Rear are switched in the DVD Audio so you'll need to actively choose the DTS Surround for the intended 5.1 mix. (The flipped mix is kinda fun though!) Great album!

To save you a little head scratching time with Travelling Miles... the Right Front and Rear are switched in the DVD Audio so you'll need to actively choose the DTS Surround for the intended 5.1 mix. (The flipped mix is kinda fun though!) Great album!

Thanks for the info Scott (y) I'll be mindful of your advice when I get around to playing it :)

Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan (Hybrid SACD),
Quatermass - Deluxe Ed'n (CD + DTS DVD).

That's the last Bob Dylan SACD I needed, got the lot now. Slow to the party on those Dylan SACDs but better late than never I guess!? :eek:

Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan (Hybrid SACD),

That's the last Bob Dylan SACD I needed, got the lot now. Slow to the party on those Dylan SACDs but better late than never I guess!? :eek:
Isn't that one stereo? MFSL?

I attempted to order Pixies Trompe SACD from MusicDirect and they failed to offer either Media Mail or Priority Mail, just something called "Standard Post", for a whopping $6+. Screw 'em! I informed them I will buy it elsewhere. I had just bought Love da capo from them a couple of weeks ago by media mail.

update: They confirmed today that they no longer offer media mail. So unless I'm putting in a $99+ order with free shipping, I will buy elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back