What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Magnification

Magnification
Spirit of Survivial
Don't Go
Dreamtime
In the Presence Of (parts 1-4)

Yes: House of Yes: Live From the House of Blues

"Homeworld (The Ladder) Studio Version
"Yours Is No Disgrace"
"Your Move/I've Seen All Good People"
"Owner Of A Lonely Heart"
"Roundabout"

The House Of Yes tracks are the same as the yes DVD of the same name. It has the DVD-Audio logo. Like the DVD Video logo just with Audio instead of video. It does not indicate at what resolution it was mastered or recorded at. There are no Dolby or DTS logos anywhere. Its still sealed, I have to get a new player, so all the information I am posting is coming from the label itself.in fine print at the bottom on back are the credits for each song, including who did the 5.1 mix for each song. No mention of stereo credits or 2.0.

Hope nobody sees me with this :)
Britney Spears - In The Zone (DD-DVD DualDisc)

Devo - Live 1980 (DD-DVD DualDisc)

From Amazon.uk. Cheaper that from local Amazon.de - even with higher shipping costs:
King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black (DVD-A)
King Crimson - Discipline (DVD-A)

Last edited:
from Magnification

Magnification
Spirit of Survivial
Don't Go
Dreamtime
In the Presence Of (parts 1-4)

Yes: House of Yes: Live From the House of Blues

"Homeworld (The Ladder) Studio Version
"Yours Is No Disgrace"
"Your Move/I've Seen All Good People"
"Owner Of A Lonely Heart"
"Roundabout"

The House Of Yes tracks are the same as the yes DVD of the same name. It has the DVD-Audio logo. Like the DVD Video logo just with Audio instead of video. It does not indicate at what resolution it was mastered or recorded at. There are no Dolby or DTS logos anywhere. Its still sealed, I have to get a new player, so all the information I am posting is coming from the label itself.in fine print at the bottom on back are the credits for each song, including who did the 5.1 mix for each song. No mention of stereo credits or 2.0.

It's in the QQ DVD-A Sampler thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ampler-Gallery-(with-scans)&p=78627#post78627

King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black (DVD-A)
King Crimson - Discipline (DVD-A)

My latest addition, as of today! is Beyonce's "Dangerously In Love", courtesy of our own dbmay75. Thanks Dan - sounds great! :D

The Irish Prayers - In Mission (SACD)
Pink - I'm Not Dead (DD-DVD DualDisc)

Got this one from Prague in an eBay auction:
Groove Armada - Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub) (SACD)

Just got KC's Discipline yesterday. Popped in the player immediately. This has always been my favorite KC album and this MC release was spectacular! Played it all the way through twice and had an ear-to-ear smile the whole time.

Toto "IV" SACD (new & sealed). No slipcase.
James Taylor "Hourglass" SACD (new & sealed) With slipcase

I believe I got an excellent deal on them, considering what Toto alone goes for. $179.98 shipped for both!

Why do you think that? Surely a record that can be played at near maximum volume most often have infinitely better fidelity and dynamics than the "-18 dB" recording.
It's not good for you. Possible damage to your hearing. The recording process should not result in a product that demands that you play at a volume that is hazardous. Really, your just putting me on, right?

Barenaked Ladies Are me - 2 disc Deluxe 5.1 DVD-A
Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music SACD

This 2011 release comes with a nice holographic picture on the cover. I'm not a metal fan but this album of the Swedish band Opeth seems to be more progressive rock.
Opeth - Heritage (DTS-DVD, 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson)

Well of course:

King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black &
Kink Crimson - Discipline

Great Stuff here! :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back