What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me (SACD)
Foreigner - 4 (SACD)

These were the only two of the Warner Japan SACDs that I didn't have on DVD-A. Passed on these when they originally came out - arghhh...

P.S. These are the first "new" SACDs that I've purchased since the Genesis sets.

Doors SACD showed up today. Caravanserai yesterday.

Played the Doors already. Wondering where the bass is. Anyone know?

Now I'm playing Caravanserai. Not quite sure this was worth $36. And I paid for Priority Mail, not First Class. These Music Direct people are just a bit dishonest. Ordered last Wednesday, took like a whole week to get it. Jerks.

They couldn't even mail it out on time. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your order with Music Direct. I apologize that your order did not ship yesterday. The shipping time provided is an estimate which we do our best to fulfill depending on the number of orders we receive at that time. Your order will ship out to you today. Thank you for your patience. "

update: well, ok, I guess it is worth $36 after all... it's quite good.

Willie Nelson - Night & Day DVD A
Bjork - Vespertine (thanks Kap't Crunch) SACD
Slovo - Nommo ( thanks Neitbiggen) SACD
Chicago - S/T ( thanks Neitbiggen) SACD
Britney Spears - In the Zone ( thanks Nephillim) DVD A
Ben Becker and the Zero Tolerance Band - Wir Heben AB SACD
King Crimson - Discipline DVD A

Cupboy, I don't believe that Music Direct is dishonest. THEY ARE MASSIVELY INEPT! I do a lot of business with them and that has been my experience. I was told by them several months ago that Caravanserai and Santana/McLaughlin were GOLD CD's, NOT SACD's. Clearly, this isn't true. Since Music Direct is the same company as MoFi, you'd think they'd have correct info on their own release!

Linda

Doors SACD showed up today. Caravanserai yesterday.

Played the Doors already. Wondering where the bass is. Anyone know?

Now I'm playing Caravanserai. Not quite sure this was worth $36. And I paid for Priority Mail, not First Class. These Music Direct people are just a bit dishonest. Ordered last Wednesday, took like a whole week to get it. Jerks.

They couldn't even mail it out on time. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your order with Music Direct. I apologize that your order did not ship yesterday. The shipping time provided is an estimate which we do our best to fulfill depending on the number of orders we receive at that time. Your order will ship out to you today. Thank you for your patience. "

update: well, ok, I guess it is worth $36 after all... it's quite good.

Added these five Rhino Japan SACD's:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Eagles - Hotel California
Doors - Doors
Yes - Fragile

I've not heard these 5.1 mixes before due to the cost of the DVD-A's on the used market going for outrageous sums.

A_L

I've finally added Trapt's eponymous DualDisc thanks to an eBay trift find. The DVD side is DVD-A with 48/24 MLP, both 5.1 and 2.0. No playback problems on my Oppo BDP-80. The mix and SQ are actually better than I've expected, especially for a modern rock material.

6247092542_59132b70dc.jpg

Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink (Dolby Digital 5.1 DVD mix by Steven Wilson)

Better a DD 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson than a fake Silverline surround mix.

Markus

Went to the self proclaimed "largest record store in the world" - House of Guitars up in Rochester, NY this weekend. 4 levels of CD/LP/DVD/Vinyl, drums, keyborads and, you got it, guitars. It's a mess and pretty chaotic - CDs are kept in the old "longbox" style plastic security CD keepers and stored in beaten up cardboard boxes with artist names written in chicken scratch - wish I had my camera because it's kinda hard to describe. There is no "hi-rez" section but I did stumble across ( and I do mean stumble) the David Sanborn SACD "Timeagain" - picked it up for a reasonable $16.00. Haven't played it yet but I like Sanborn so I'm looking forward to it,.

As I posted somewhere else , they delivered these about TWO minutes after I got home from the Hospital last Monday (we thought we had left something in the ambulance)

THE GREAT and AWE INSPIRING
KING CRIMSON
-Discipline
-Starless and Bible Black

GREEEEAAAAAT SSTUUUFFFFF!!!!

:smokin

I found Super Furry Animals - Love Kraft (SACD) on Amazon.de and ordered it. First I was shocked after opening the package since there isn't any info about SACD or 5.1 anywhere on the disc, the sticker, the cover, or the booklet. Since I often get regular CDs while I order SACD in Amazon.de Marketplace my first thought was: No, not again.
But I looked at the CD and it was shining golden (hope). And my player gave the proof that it is a 5.1 SACD (relief). And last but not least it seems to be nice music sounding very good (happiness).

Markus

Markus

Today received Nat King Cole Story SACD ($45.17) from Amazon. What's with the missing packing slips? Are they out of paper or just not using them anymore? This is the 2nd item received this week with no packing slip.

First thing I did was to get started in replacing the ugly "frosted" case. I had a nice new clear case ready to go but have misplaced it. I had no problem removing the disks. Some people had reported they fit too tight but the disks came out easily enough.

update: Found the case I had reserved for this. Looks great now. Anyone need a frosted case? Maybe I should save it for Nat's Shower Album in case it gets released on SACD.

Last edited:
Classical Quad compilation on SACD from PentaTone:
Tchaikovsky "1812" "Romeo and Juliet"
Sibelius "Karelia Suite, Op: 11", "Pohjola's Daughter"
(Haven't ever seen Sibelius "Finlandia" on either DVDA or SACD)

Emma Shapplin "Etterna" DVDA

Steven Wilson "Grace For Drowning" BDA
(still not yet have means to listen this one) :)

Cat Stevens has been delivered today according to the tracking. Pretty quick service from Acoustic Sounds (unlike Music Direct). Ordered on the 17th, shipped a couple of hours later, arrived on 20th.

Last edited:
REM Up cd+dvd-audio cut-out for $9.99 and Brubeck Time Out (used) SACD for $7.99 (actually half that price due to a Buy 1, get 1 for half off sale) at the local FYE.

Muse "Hullabaloo Soundtrack 2 disc set Second disc is hybrid sacd

What is the UPC number on this? I'd like to locate it on Amazon and buy it, but there's numerous versions of it.

What is the UPC number on this? I'd like to locate it on Amazon and buy it, but there's numerous versions of it.

I have actually found this to be about the most difficult to find. I have seen Can 5.1, Scorpions sacd among others offered for sale more than this one. The cd is silver colored the sacd is gold colored, cd 1 is a cd of B-sides cd 2 is the sacd and is a live concert. The UPC code is 5 034644 010502

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back