What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerson Lake Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery DVD-A
King Crimson - Starless & Bible Black CD+DVD-A
Jeff Wayne - Musical version of War of the Worlds SACD

Over recent weeks:

Matt Bianco - Matt's Mood (finally!)
Ray Brown - The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio
Rebecca Pidgeon - The Raven
Gil Evans - Gil Evans & 10
Stan Getz/Cal Tjader - Sextet
Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners
Freddie King - Texas Cannonball DVD-A

There are two flavors: Stereo at reasonable price and MC at a shocker like price. Did you find a MC at a reasonable price? I'm also looking for the MC edition...

Markus

I ordered what I believe to be the MC version, based on the picture. But you never know until it arrives.
Will let you which I get, it has shipped and should be here early next week.

Moody Blues - In Search of the lost chord Stereo SACD deluxe version
Queen - The Game DVD-A

Tubular Bells (mint. cond. SACD with original case) for under $20 from FYE.

what a huge letdown with titles! My last 2 were KC 21st csm and al dimieola a cons. of chaos. (dvd-a /sacd) I really want the Tull stuff but really who wants all the crap? Not me. same with the PF new Floyd set. all I want are the BD and quad discs, kind of like cable tv- you MUST buy the other crap to get to what you want.

what a huge letdown with titles! My last 2 were KC 21st csm and al dimieola a cons. of chaos. (dvd-a /sacd) I really want the Tull stuff but really who wants all the crap? Not me. same with the PF new Floyd set. all I want are the BD and quad discs, kind of like cable tv- you MUST buy the other crap to get to what you want.
I know people will think the Aqualung box is too much money just to get the Blu-ray. And that makes perfect sense. But I'll tell ya, now that I have it I would be choked if I ever heard that disc and I could not buy it. I'm as nuts as anyone about lossless 5.1. This disc is an absolute essential item for my collection. I don't regret buying it one bit.

The Doors - The Doors (SACD)
Shedaisy - The Whole Shebang (DVD-A)
Boyz II Men - Boyz II Men (DTS-CD)

A QQ member gave me the hint that this one was available at amazon.ca at a reasonable price:
Rebecca Pigeon - The Raven (MC SACD, beware there is also a stereo edition)

Btw: There is a funny quirk in the shop of amazon.ca for international shipping:

Choose a shipping speed:
Standard International Shipping (averages 30-40 weeks)
Expedited International Shipping (averages 7-14 weeks)
Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 business days)

I've chosen expedited and it took less than a week :)

Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back