What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my last purchases were:

DVD-Audio:
Boz Scaggs - Dig - $3 dollars
Simple Minds - Once upon a time - $37.11

SACD:
Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell - $15.99
Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame - $15.99
Depeche Mode - Exciter - $9.99
Depeche Mode - Ultra - $15.99
Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses - $25.99
The O´jays - Ship Ahoy - $120 (oops, my wallet feels lighter than air)

I have some regrets for buying the Ship Ahoy title, that´s the highest amount i have ever payed for a SACD, but i saw it listed on amazon, and i have been looking for it for two years to complete my "personal collection", so my fingers tricked on me, and pushed the "check out" button on amazon.

Im trying to have the first 150 most recommended titles in Quadraphonicquad list, and right now, i just have left 8 in my wishlist, The O´jays was almost impossible to find. By the way if someone have the Alison Krauss titles (New favorite and Live) to sell, im interested, it would be helpful to reduce my wishlist to 6 titles, im from Mexico and it has been hard work trying to get all the 150 titles since 3 years ago when it became my hobbie (sometimes, a very expensive one).

Lucky! The Stranger is usually ridiculously over-priced these days.
Yes, one of my sealed ones just sold on amazon a few weeks ago. It was priced at around $80. Someone from Japan bought it, which seems odd since there should be plenty of them there.... or well maybe the Japan ones were just stereo. Seems I read that somewhere.

Simple Minds "New Gold Dreams" DVD-Audio (Sealed) came in 2 days after ordering!

The Japanese Billy Joel "The Stranger" SACD were all stereo only, like with the Carole King "Tapestry" Japan SACD

Jeff Trott Dig up the astroturf DVDA ordered, thanks to a reccomendation here. And at $8 shipped, cheap!

Picked up a Metallica dvd-audio at FYE for about $6. It's in the new style case, so I can replace the case, and it does need replacing, although the hinges are good.

Got ripped off a couple of weeks ago buying a so-called factory sealed SACD of Lee Ann Womack off of amazon.com from a questionable outfit called Newbury Comics. It was a reseal, in a standard jewel case with the top and bottom SACD labels torn off... not very carefully either. They do have a nice re-sealing machine. Looks better than most factory seals.

Left 'em a neg (well bad feedback).

Picked up a Metallica dvd-audio at FYE for about $6. It's in the new style case, so I can replace the case, and it does need replacing, although the hinges are good.

Got ripped off a couple of weeks ago buying a so-called factory sealed SACD of Lee Ann Womack off of amazon.com from a questionable outfit called Newbury Comics. It was a reseal, in a standard jewel case with the top and bottom SACD labels torn off... not very carefully either. They do have a nice re-sealing machine. Looks better than most factory seals.

Left 'em a neg (well bad feedback).

You know, I've never had any issues with Newbury Comics...in fact they are one of the few that I still regularly order from on Amazon because they actually list things where they should be listed...meaning, if you order an SACD at least your getting an SACD. I actually ordered a Bowie sacd from a different seller the other day who described it as like new (and the price was a mere $5.00); so, when the item arrived I was surprised to see that it had a saw-mark on the spine and though it was by external appearances the right product, inside was a regular cd...not an sacd....ended up sending it back :(

I wonder if I should open that Womack item and see if it is really a SACD. I had bought it originally as a spare, so haven't opened it yet.

Zenyatta Mondatta stereo SACD The Police....a classic
Rage Hard SACD Frankie Goes to Hollywood.......better than expected, Trevor Horn is a genius

This is what I got in last 4 months or so...

SACD

Roy Orbison/Black & White Night
Genesis/Foxtrot - amazon marketplace importcds
Bryan Ferry/Boys and Girls - elusivedisc
Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon - local FYE
David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust - amazon marketplace
Moody Blues/To our Children's Children's Children - amazon.co.uk
Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms - amazon.co.uk

DVD-A

The Doors/L.A. Woman (Electra) - local FYE
Flaming Lips/At War with the Mystics - moviemars.com
Toy Matinee/Toy Matinee - ebay
King Crimson/Lizard - moviemars.com
King Crimson/In the Court of Crimson King - moviemars.com
Nine Inch Nails/With Teeth - local goodwill
Steven Wilson/Insurgentes - local FYE
Talking Heads/True Stories - amazon.co.uk
Talking Heads/Little Creatures - amazon.co.uk
Porcupine Tree/The Incident - burning shed

(y)

Ravel (rang up for $0.99 at my local Fry's), Depeche Mode....and 2 demo SACDs from the Hong Kong High-End Audio-Visual Shows

4904063052_8da2213a35_m.jpg
4904063296_309a23d7c5_m.jpg

4903430361_196b38cfdc_m.jpg
4904019138_4499805515_m.jpg

And a very nicely packaged self-titled SACD from Olivia Ong (which I'm trying to figure out how to open w/o tearing up the packaging)....

4903459665_79d5f335c5.jpg

4903459461_7902ce8698.jpg

Another one of Japan Universal Music's SHM-SACDs....

4931513996_7375007c6f_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back